Stack sizes:
UTG: t1610
UTG+1: t1205
MP1: t2400
CO: t2005
Button: t1530
Hero: t1910
BB: t2840

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, Hero calls t60 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t180)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t240, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets t120</font>, Hero calls t120 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t360)</font>.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t480, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets t120</font>, Hero calls t120 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t600)</font>.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t720, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Yeah, I played this hand like a crap. I was getting the right odds on both streets, but I feel I acted too weak. Lead the flop? So, say, I lead the flop with 180 and get called. What is my action on turn then? Check/call the odds-wise acceptable bet?..
Old 04-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: ($12) BvB, chasing the nut flush

I like a flop lead in this spot and go from there. You have a good chance to take the pot down and if villian does not have anything you are not going to get paid if you hit your flush so you might as well bet before Q4 turns 2nd pair. In general, if you complete from the sb you should be looking to bet most flops
Old 04-22-2007, 03:24 PM

A flop lead for 160 looks good to me,as it gives the opponent
a chance to fold unlike the cc.If he calls and I do not improve its a check on the turn for me,and a call with good odds to draw.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:19 PM

I'd raise pre-flop if I felt like playing this hand here. I would much prefer him just folding pre-flop than playing this trash OOP.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:21 PM

Another advantage to leading the turn is that villain won't generally put you on the FD, so you're more likely to get paid off if you hit it.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:35 PM

lead flop or maybe even cr turn when the 7 pairs, you gotta find to a way to win the pot without improving. CR on flop is kinda a bad play cuz u can't represent the ace but you could easily have a 7.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:37 PM

Bet the flop. Villian could have absolutely anything...except a moderately strong hand like A8 or better or a better K, which he probably would have raised with pf. So that leaves monsters like AA, AK, or KK or something if he's trapping, a goofy BB special 2 pair or pair, or something worse than what you have (much more likely). I think betting something like 120 or so takes this down maybe 80-90% of the time, and that's a good result with this hand.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 PM

I'd raise pre-flop and bet the flop, but like you, I often in the heat of a game find myself with the odds to chase a straight or flush don't hit and lose chips.

So, not trying to hijack the thread, but if you have both a flush draw and a outside straight draw, but your read is villain will call pretty much any bet, what line should you take? Do you bet anyway so they can't fold when it hits, even if you are behind, or do you just call and hope you complete, or push and hope for the fold and you have plenty of outs if he calls?

I'm running into this more and more often and it feels like a pretty big leak in my game I want to plug.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think his bet on the turn sucks, and as you played it, you should check raise as a semi bluff. He most likely does not have the third seven, as he would most likely bet more to protect from the flush. He may have a weak ace, but I still don't think he would only have min bet the flop. Odds are, a semi bluff will take the pot down and the 600 will help out your stack a lot. If he calls, you can still have FE on the river, and have several outs to hit your hand as well.