Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Default bottom two on flop

$5/10 6max

folds to button ($1k) raises pot
sb ($1.3k) calls
i call in bb (cover) with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checks to button who bets $70, sb c/r to $315, me?

easy fold right?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: bottom two on flop

Yeah without some spectacular read you can fold given you are marginally ahead or way behind. TTP without redraws should be folded as well.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Yes.

Pot flop as well.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$5/10 6max

folds to button ($1k) raises pot
sb ($1.3k) calls
i call in bb (cover) with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checks to button who bets $70, sb c/r to $315, me?

easy fold right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold, even against a random 4 cards, you're only winning 55% of the time by the river. So this is very easy fold. Please never felt with bottom two unless you don't like money.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Easy fold, even against a random 4 cards, you're only winning 55% of the time by the river. So this is very easy fold. Please never felt with bottom two unless you don't like money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little extreme. There are spots when it can be +EV when heads-up and you have a read or fairly shallow stacks. I agree it would be absolutely terrible in this spot though.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:44 PM

Bottom two can definitely be +EV in a few situations where you are HU, particularly against someone playing Aces. It's probably a lot harder at 5/10 than 1/2 where I play to put someone so squarely on aces, but you're about a 3:1 favourite against naked aces, and if he has diamonds as well you're a 50:50 flip. I doubt you'd ever have fold equity putting someone all-in with aces w/ nut flush draw, but if you have any shred of FE, that makes it +EV.

On a board like this and with this kind of action, I'm not sure there's even a question. Sure, you might find yourself up against two similar draws against which you're a favourite to scoop, but most of the time as others have said, with bottom 2, you're either slightly ahead or totally crushed.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:55 AM

You have bottom two and not much else. Just throw this one away. If you call you will have no clue whatsoever where you stand on future streets.