Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Default 50NL, QQ: Hero, you should have done something else.

Villain is 15/5.6/oo over only 60 hands. Att. to steal is 0 over that range (not very significant).

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $10.70
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $53.25</font>
UTG: $26.85
BTN: $49.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Yeah, I'd normally raise here, but the open from the button was oddly large. Call it MUBS or whatever, but i figured his range was probably tighter than average here. Figure I might be able to save $ when behind, and get him to bet a worse hand into me.

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $13</font>, Hero folds
Old 04-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: 50NL, QQ: Hero, you should have done something else.

ninja
Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 PM

I think bet/fold turn is best.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:00 PM

6x raise from the button doesnt exactly scream KK-AA here, even from a 15/5.6 who doesnt steal. I would 3-bet to 9 but you have your reasons to just call.

I would C/R flop planning on folding to a 3-bet which would give away KK-AA if he has it or a set otherwise. Calling with a set on that flop could be fatal for him, especially since he doesnt know that youre not on a FD. More than likely, I would put him on JJ, AT, a big flush draw ie. AhKh, AhQh, AhJh and a pair and a flush draw in Ah9h.

On turn, I still really think we're ahead of his range and I would shove. We're crushed by AT, 444, and 999 but if we think that an FD was the biggest part of his range, we still beat all FDs, JJ, and can get a nit to fold AA-KK by repping the T.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:39 PM

I think I'm raising this PF to 9$. This types of players seem very straightforward to me and will bet hard AA-KK PF so you can just get away PF if he pushes and save money. If you think he's not betting that strong AA-KK PF then I like your line but I think I'm b/f turn
Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Yuck I don't like this hand. Att to steal over 60 hands is nothing. It means he's had the button around 10 times. Probably 2 or 3 of those were "steal opportunities" which means that you're failing to 3-bet QQ because villain hasn't attempted to steal the blinds over a sample size of like 2 or 3.

3-bet pf, lead flop and go from there.

As played, I think the turn fold is pretty bad. You have way underrepresented your hand here. Villain could have a 9, a worse pocket pair, a flush draw, a straight draw, a 4, A7, who knows?
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM

I like raising PF, if not then at least CR flop and playing from there