Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Default 100NL How can i play this better?

Never played against villian before and have only just sat down so no real reads. Felt i played this hand really weak so would just appreciate some advice. Comments on all streets welcome <3

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($101.25)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($113.35)</font>
SB ($196.69)
BB ($94.98)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($277.90)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($25.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($47.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11. </font>

River: ($47.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls $15.

Final Pot: $77.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qd Qs (three of a kind, queens).
Button has Ks Ad (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $77.50. </font>
Old 04-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 100NL How can i play this better?

check the river
Old 04-22-2007, 03:38 PM

I don't know if I like the river bet. I get the feeling this guy isn't going to pull any big bluffs and will check down most non-A or K high flushes.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Pre-flop: I like the way you played it. If you were to re-raise again, i think the hands that would call you would have you beat, also it throws in a bit of deception.

Flop: On the flop, I would bet for sure You dont have a club, and you dont want to let your opponent draw out on you cheaply.

Turn: That is the worst card that could have possibly come for you lol. I fold to the bet on the turn. You do have re-draw to another q, or a boat, but fold here.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop: I like the way you played it. If you were to re-raise again, i think the hands that would call you would have you beat, also it throws in a bit of deception.

Flop: On the flop, I would bet for sure You dont have a club, and you dont want to let your opponent draw out on you cheaply.

Turn: That is the worst card that could have possibly come for you lol. I fold to the bet on the turn. You do have re-draw to another q, or a boat, but fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas, leading this flop is silly. Check to the PFR and see what he does.
Folding the turn is atrocious, you have to call 11 to win like 60, so you are getting immediate odds to draw to a boat, not to mention a possible river bet if you boat
Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vegas, leading this flop is silly. Check to the PFR and see what he does.
Folding the turn is atrocious, you have to call 11 to win like 60, so you are getting immediate odds to draw to a boat, not to mention a possible river bet if you boat

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok maybe you are right about the turn bet, BUT preflop what if he checks behind and the club comes. We have to protect our hand.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Vegas, value in this hand comes from snapping off cbets and bluffs, not charging some random overcards with a club that are coinflipping you when you are OOP. Just check and see what villain does. If he bets, im probably just folding the flop.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:49 PM

Yeah the river bet was more of a blocking bet than anything.

The turn bet seemed kind of weak (was only 1/4 of the pot) and if he did have the A or K of clubs he probs wuda cbetted the flop.

Didnt want to c/r tho coz that effectively turns my hand into a bluff since he's folding all hands i beat and calling hands that beat me
Old 04-22-2007, 03:50 PM

C/ring turn is silly.

Played fine till river, but blocking bet is silly.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:40 PM

played fine up to river, just check.