Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: always bet nuts?

only 8 more replies until this becomes thread #2 on the front page, behind the first place contender of "would you fold AA heads up at the WSOP"

let's get some more pocket 5's posters in here please, there don't seem to be nearly enough of them around
Old 04-21-2007, 06:58 PM

hang yourself
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM

you should check fold on the flop so you won't be outdrawn
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM

none of the posters are sophisticated enough to understand question - i wasn't saying i should have folded i just think the betting was wrong
Old 04-21-2007, 07:07 PM

the betting was fine

you make it act like you asked if you should have folded, its not a good idea to insult the people trying to help you...and honestly i wouldnt be insulting others until youre better, and even then, you shouldnt insult others
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
only 8 more replies until this becomes thread #2 on the front page, behind the first place contender of "would you fold AA heads up at the WSOP"

let's get some more pocket 5's posters in here please, there don't seem to be nearly enough of them around

[/ QUOTE ]

people find it easier to insult the ones who ask questions like...this...instead of trying to help someone with a topic with a question that requires though. so of course these will get more responces, people feel superior when they can say a topic is bad
Old 04-21-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar,

I really respect your opinion and your posts. I (among others) appreciate the time you put in on these forums.

That being said, this is really annoying. First of all, there was a comment about "why aren't any good posters around anymore?" last week. Rizen showed up and said flatly, that he isn't around as much b/c of his family and life obligations. Specifically he said it was NOT because of crappy posts. Second, you have contributed to both of the threads you are complaining about. Third, what do you want people to do? Sure you can ignore the thread. Then the OP will bump it and someone will respond. If you want a forum where only GREAT people contribute, I'm sure you can start one yourself. That's just not how this forum works. ANYONE with internet access can post. Do you have another recommendation?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM

better at what? you aint seem me play.. i just found it interesting hand - and its ok to insult me
Old 04-21-2007, 07:21 PM

better at playing poker

when it comes to poker - leave your ego at the door. if you keep the attitude, nobodys going to be willing to help you
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
none of the posters are sophisticated enough to understand question - i wasn't saying i should have folded i just think the betting was wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you're not sophisticated enough to understand sarcasm

you didn't do anything wrong. what if you checked and it went check check behind you, then a Q comes on the turn and all of your action from Top 2, sets and even donk top pair is gone. You just got unlucky.

BTW, i really don't see you not getting all your chips in the pot on the flop anyway