Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: sbrugby eliminated first level

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goes to show he's actually quite [censored] and can only play behind his pc in his boxers.

ram vaswani would pwn him no probs

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with all these anti aba trolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe much of it, is simply a response to aba's claim in his blog about him being the best NL player in the world

didn't hurt that he went on a 700k downswing almost entirely to Ivey right after his statement
Old 04-21-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goes to show he's actually quite [censored] and can only play behind his pc in his boxers.

ram vaswani would pwn him no probs

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with all these anti aba trolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe much of it, is simply a response to aba's claim in his blog about him being the best NL player in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and probably the fact that this forum is full of aba worship rubs some people the wrong way.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Name: Brian Townsend
Cashes: 2
Total Winnings: $22,610

......... I'd be willing to bet that his live winnings are nearly 20,000 TIMES the amount you've won from ANY tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 06:16 PM

From Brian's blog yesterday:

''This afternoon I played in a 100/200 game with a 100 ante in Bobbys room at the Bellagio. The lineup included twin-caracas, serb, Brad Berman, aaron katz, gabe thaler, hazards, johhny lodden, martin d. as well as some others that I am forgetting. Sadly, I end down 130K. I played two big pots and made wrong reads in both. One hand Johnny limp reraised UTG and I thought he was making a move, when in reality he had aces.

Another big pot was against Brad Berman who was playing very aggressively. He had been raising a lot of pots and firing at tons of flops. So he raised UTG to $1200, three callers and I overcalled in the big blind with A3s. The flop came Ah Jh 3s giving me two pair. Lyle fired out ~6K which he was doing every flop. Everyone folded back to me and I elected just to call, instead of raising. Although he was wild, I didn't think he would call a raise with AK or AQ. The turn came the Js. I checked and he fired 10K. Although it appeared to be a very bad card for me, I didn't feel it was as bad as it looked. In my mind, it actually improved my hand since it was less likely he had 3 jacks or AJ. So I thoguht a bit and called. River brought a 6d. I checked and he shoved for 50K. I thought and decided to call since I appeared very weak and looked as though I could have been drawing. I was wrong and he had J7s, but I don't mind my play in the hand. I have to give him credit though, he made a very good value bet. I went with a read and was wrong, but I feel my play was optimal.''

1. Limp UTG and reraise at a full table. WoW. What a surprise

2. Feeling that play was optimal and thinking turn was actually a good card is really funny. At turn and river, what can A3 beat other than a bluff. I guess everybody can justify calling any bet at holdem if you assume the other guy is bluffing.

But hey Brian, you will be welcomed to any game these guys are playing, dont be sad.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Returnofthegimp,

I'm sure he'll play you hu if you have a dispute.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:51 PM

What's the point of having 100/200 blinds if the ante is 100? It should just be all antes and it'll be like some stupid western movie where you can open check. It sounds really gay but I'm pretty sure it would be balla when the ante is this big.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:09 PM

I strongly believe that people who have 'run good' for a long time are more likely to make reads like this on an A3JJ board than a player who has run bad. When you're used to being outdrawn all the time, you're far more apt to get off the hand on the turn.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I strongly believe that people who have 'run good' for a long time are more likely to make reads like this on an A3JJ board than a player who has run bad. When you're used to being outdrawn all the time, you're far more apt to get off the hand on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
qft
Old 04-21-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of having 100/200 blinds if the ante is 100? It should just be all antes and it'll be like some stupid western movie where you can open check. It sounds really gay but I'm pretty sure it would be balla when the ante is this big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 100 antes with those blinds is insanely high. No blinds at all would be worse; they ought to raise the blinds to 300/600 or so or drop the antes to 25 or 50.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
qft

[/ QUOTE ]