Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Default 50nl - kk, bad flop, cbet minraised

villain is loose, like 40/12 or something... no other reads

i raised to $25 on the flop with the intention of folding to a shove or, if he called, shove a blank turn. bad?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($58.45)</font>
UTG ($131.95)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($65.65)</font>
CO ($73.90)
Button ($49.75)
SB ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, MP calls $2, SB folds.

Flop: ($5.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>
Old 04-21-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 50nl - kk, bad flop, cbet minraised

PF, I make it 3.

Folding getting 2.6: 1 on a call doesnt make any sense. What was villain's AF? By 3 betting, I commit myself to the pot and with villain's VPIP, I would expect to see Ad by itself a lot of the time. IMO, FDs make up more than 50% of his range with the rest going to J10 and 444. I would 3-bet shove the flop depending on the confidence on the range I put him on. As played, youre committed to a shove. If he calls, just hope a diamond doesnt fall.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:13 PM

Bet more preflop, I usually make it 4/5 to go.

No need to bet full pot on this flop, 2/3-3/4 would achieve the same result for less. If re-raised, especially oop, this is an auto muck.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more preflop, I usually make it 4/5 to go.

No need to bet full pot on this flop, 2/3-3/4 would achieve the same result for less. If re-raised, especially oop, this is an auto muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is rubbish - achieving the same result is EXACTLY what you want. You're saying that the same hands call a $3 that call a $5 and his most likely hands here that call are a flush draw so you want to charge the max.

Once raised you have two options:
-push (the 25 raise is stupid)
-call and donk a safe turn
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is rubbish - achieving the same result is EXACTLY what you want. You're saying that the same hands call a $3 that call a $5 and his most likely hands here that call are a flush draw so you want to charge the max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the same hands are calling 3$ that call 5$. My view of this hand is that I really don't want to be playing for stacks, or even a large pot at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Once raised you have two options:
-push (the 25 raise is stupid)
-call and donk a safe turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing either the flop or turn (no turn is safe here) surely cant be right on a monotone flop. I just don't to play for stacks in this hand.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Womble is right. You need to either push this flop or just call the min-raise and donk-bet a safe turn. Raising to something like $25 is worse than either one.

If you push, you're putting his pair + A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to the test. Getting all the money in with something like 60-65% equity is fine.

If you just call, you're doing so so that you can get away from the hand if a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls on the turn. If a blank falls, you throw out a bet large enough to make villain fold (or give him incorrect odds to draw).

Raising to something like $25 is the worst of both worlds. You're almost pot-committing yourself, making the turn a very difficult decision should a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fall, but still not charging the diamond draw the max for the times a blank falls.