Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 PM

Default NL2: Straight facing FH or not?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($5)
CO ($5.13)
Button ($3.71)
SB ($4.37)
BB ($8.66)
UTG ($3.83)
UTG+1 ($5.02)
Hero ($3.66)
MP2 ($2.72)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.02, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.04</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.04, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.14</font>, Button calls $0.14, SB calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.66) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50.

River: ($3.66) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.67 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?

Do you think an ace or jack is likely here?
Whats your play?
Comments on other streets also appreciated...
Old 04-21-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: NL2: Straight facing FH or not?

I put him on AX. if he has AA well, good for him, enjoy the sklansky bux....

don't call on turn, reraise all-in
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM

PF is questionable, if im playing this, its definitely for a 5x BB raise.

I would raise to 0.24 on flop...at this level, the donks will probably call with one pair/gutshot type hands so the more money you can get in with the nuts the better.

On turn, this is aces full but way more likely Ax. shingigami's right, dont call the turn, shove.

River fold, I'm 99% sure this is an ace.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:46 PM

Easy fold on the river. I would consider raising a tad more on the flop, but it's not a big deal.

At this level and with these stacks I shove over his turn minraise. There were no preflop raises so QQ/JJ/AA/AQ/AJ for the boat are unlikely, but you will get called by tards with A2s a lot.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM

On the river, he probably either has aces full or the same straight you do. A flopped set that turned a boat is also possible.

Given that it looks like you're either chopping or losing, I don't see how you can call the river. When you're chopping, you'll salvage $1.83, and when you're losing, it'll cost you another $2.50. This means that in order for the call to be profitable, you need to be chopping about 60 percent of the time, and I don't think you will be. (I mean, although Villain's line does look very much like a slowplay, which suggests KT, it's also entirely possible that Villain simply fell in love with his Ax on the turn once it became trips.)
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Flop you have to raise more. It is very likely that one or more villains hit this board pretty hard, so take advantage of that. I'm not familiar with how this limit plays, but raising to $.26 is a pot-sized raise, and I'd bet at least that (more if these stakes play like I suspect they do where nobody will lay down 2 pair here).

Turn card sucks. At this point I wouldn't be happy with my hand at all. If you had raised more on the flop you might have a little better idea of the hands villains hold, but right now you're kind of lost. AQ, AJ are definitely in villains' ranges. Again, it's hard to say without knowing how the stakes play, but I think just calling the raise is ok.

As played, river is an easy easy fold.