Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Default 100PL - What the hell is going on!?

Hand converter isn't working, but here's how it went: I have about $150 and cover Villain at $120.

I am dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, raise it up to $3, folded to the blinds who both call. So, pot is $9.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check check to me, I bet $6. SB folds, Villain calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot is $21)

Check to me, I bet $15. Villain snap calls. (Villain is only playing one table so this fact might be irrelevant.)

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot is $51)

Villain bets $50. Hero..........?

I have the Villain at 41/0.15/0.29... so what do you think is going on here? What hand do you put Villain on? AKxx seems a little bit unlikely since I have a blocker, but I suppose AKT9 is within a probable range. If he had a lower set, I figured he'd have fired earlier. Checking back my PT stats, I have this guy at 4.18 River Agg. Factor, so it's possible the guy just check/calls to the river with the nuts and waits to fire for sure. I didn't know that at the time, however.

Can I call? I really can't put this guy on a hand here, and I think it's entirely possible that he thinks I'm just continuing to fire with AAxx and he thinks his QJxx is good. During the hand, though, I had basically no clue what this guy was doing. Why wouldn't he wait to let me c/r? Would the offsuit 3 somehow slow my action?

Any ideas? I can't see how I'm not going to see a straight here enough to make a call +EV. Thoughts?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 100PL - What the hell is going on!?

depending on opponent, I am honestly very tempted to raise here for value if you have reasons to believe he put you on AA.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 PM

I have been raising a lot this session PF (I was at 52/35 after 60 hands :P), so there isn't a great reason to think that he thinks AAxx is the only hand in my range. However, what that also means is that he could think I have complete air since I'm raising so much preflop.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 PM

The heart scared him and he was afraid of being freerolled. There are several players I play with that play every hand this way.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:52 PM

If you got a wide range preflop, this smells like the nuts beging for a call from k9 or some garbage.