Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Count my mistakes please

This table was extremely loose. All the others had a VPIP of 50-80! and PFR ranging from 0-35. They were even betting and raising postflop with crappy hands.
I've been taking a lot of beats lately (catching nut flush to get rivered by board pairing, having top set turn to a boat and lose to quads and crap like that all the time). I guess my confidence just isnt where it should be. Please correct my play on all streets. I think I'm turning into a weak-tight losah. On to the hand:

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: £0.35/£0.7
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Donkey Kong is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Donkey Kong calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Donkey Kong calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (15SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Donkey Kong checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Donkey Kong calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10BB, 5 players)
SB checks, Donkey Kong checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $2.05</font>, Donkey Kong calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (24.64BB, 4 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 24.64BB)
Donkey Kong ??
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Count my mistakes please

we got there. bet and see what happens.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 PM

raise the flop for value!

donking the river looks about right since a c/r faces utg with 2 and gets you 3bet if co has a boat.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:22 PM

PF is fine.

Flop is an easy raise. You have the nut flush draw against 4 players. The only hand you are worried about given the action is KK from the UTG+1, but he could have been 3-betting AA, QQ, JJ, or AK, too, and that's only if he's playing TAG, which he's not. Your pot equity is likely over 30%, even with the paired board. Get your money in now. (How do people feel about a bet/reraise here?)

Turn is standard.

River is bet/call, at least. I can find a bet/reraise here based on the turn action--with the field trapped, you would expect a turn cap from a boat, no?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop for value!

[/ QUOTE ]
Donk or c/r? I guess either would be a lot better than what I did...
Old 04-21-2007, 01:50 PM

No one here has a FH. I c/r. UTG has either KTs or QQ or AA, CO has AK.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is KK not in that range?
Old 04-21-2007, 04:28 PM

I raise the flop for value.

The river, I would check/raise here more often than not as I expect someone, most likely CO to bet this. I'd prefer that we face the button with calling 1 rather than donking and letting UTG+1 have to call 1 since I would assume that UTG+1 likes his hand better (unless button was drawing to a flush) and would be more apt to call mulitple bets than the button. With CO waking up the turn, I see JJ as a possibility though, but he is the only one I'd be worried about.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is KK not in that range?

[/ QUOTE ]
CO would likely cap preflop with KK and UTG+1 should cap the turn with the second nuts. Neither happened.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Why not raise that flop? The worst thing that can happen is that utg 3bets, but with a table that loose they'll pbb all call and you can cap for value [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A note on the turn though: CO wasn't allowed to raise again on the turn I guess, because SB's '3bet' was only .05$... so JJ is possible however so are a lot of other hands (why no seperate stats btw? It matters a lot if CO is 80/35 or 50/0 imho [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I'd c/r the river, don't worry about UTG he'll call getting like 27:2 anyway imho. Main reason for the c/r is that I'd really like to get three bets in on the river, no more no less [edit: this doesn't make much sense, but I hope my reasoning for the c/r becomes clearer below [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]]. Everyone will get to showdown anyway if they have a hand, the pot is bigger than the GDP of most African countries ... So I feel a c/r is best to get the most value if they have worst hands. Button and UTG have nothing that beats you and will either fold for 1 bet or get to showdown anyway, so you get 6 bets with a checkraise, when you bet out and CO just calls you get 3.

So when you are ahead c/r nets you 3 more bets (if CO will bet ofc, but I'd think that's pretty likely).

When behind, check/raise/call CO 3bet costs you one more bet than a bet/call.

I think you have the best hand here most of the time so a c/r seems to net you the most value.