Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Slowplayed K,K, what to do on turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Im playing 20/15 on this table and villain is 40/22/2 so I just call pre to trap. The raise on the flop is pretty standard I think, but on the turn, I really dont know what to do. My 20 bet was to see if he had the queen and I my plan was to fold to an All in. I dont know if its the right play, please opinions!!

Button ($108.65)
SB ($20.65)
Hero ($220.10)
UTG ($95.50)
MP ($156.45)
CO ($120.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $23</font>, Button calls $16.

Turn: ($54.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, Button calls $20.

River: ($94.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $61.65(All-In)

Hero ????
Old 04-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Slowplayed K,K, what to do on turn?

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 40/22/2 so I just call pre to trap

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt compute with me....i would think reraising here preflop would be the best move, for obvious reasons and because you should be reraising him with far worse hands and need to have the goods sometimes. nevermind 'trapping' somebody when you are OOP seems like a bad idea in general.

i'll let better players give advice postflop, but i think preflop is v important here.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 AM

allright, yeah my usual line here is reraising, I dont really know why I tried this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villain is 40/22/2 so I just call pre to trap

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt compute with me....i would think reraising here preflop would be the best move, for obvious reasons and because you should be reraising him with far worse hands and need to have the goods sometimes. nevermind 'trapping' somebody when you are OOP seems like a bad idea in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Dont like reraising flop since u now are playing a guessing game in a big pot OOP. Is he bluffing or not?

You look very weak on turn and river so I think I call. Looks like a missed draw since most Qx hands would probably reraise the turn, but off course he plays a monster the same way. Reads decide. He is aggro preflop and probably postflop?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 AM

him being loose/bad is the exact reason you should be 3betting not trapping.

as played fold river he has a Q like 80% of the time

oh ye I almost forgot...I assume you lead the turn to get information? It didn't work. If you are going to lead then bet more say 35 if not check and re-evaluate