Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 07:10 AM

Default 25NL 6max AA, villian AI at scarry river

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $76.15
<u>BB: $16.85</u>
<u>Hero (UTG): $40.75</u>
MP: $21.10
CO: $25.55
BTN: $34.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($6.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $13.85</font>, Hero ???

Villian is 33.6/23.6/4.7(140). What would u do here?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: 25NL 6max AA, villian AI at scarry river

If you don't mind, tell me who villain is?

And ugh...this spot so sucks. You don't beat a 2, hearts, or a boat. You do beat a ton of hands that would bluff at this though.

BB can't be THAT great as he didn't reload and that is a pretty gross overbet on the river. That sure looks like it's either a monster or air. I sometimes do this very thing hoping hero has a big PP and pays off my flush or boat here.

But man....

I think it comes down to variance and if you welcome it into your home. If you do, call as I think you'll see some pretty crazy hands here, not to mention you did underrep your hand by checking the turn (not that that was a bad play).

Personally, I call and make notes, either way.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:36 AM

I bet the turn, there is a ton of scare-cards that can come on the river and you never know whether it improved villain or not, meaning he can bluff you a lot.

If I were to check behind on the turn then I would do it with the intention of calling most rivers (apart from hearts and Js probably, maybe 6s), therefore I call this.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:41 AM

raise more on the flop. b/f the turn. i'm not sure how this is a scary river. do you put him on 45? anything you're behind out flopped you or got there on the turn