Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Atheists- raising kids

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, but the Atheist have minds and control over themselves. They can choose NOT to have children. But they want them anyway and it appears to me it is for their own satisfaction primarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

everything we all do is for our own satisfaction. being interested in the welfare of others is just part of what makes you satisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that this were so but it is nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

would that you had a clue.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to fig out a secular way to teach my kids to hate gays/arabs. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

No wai! Who could hate this:
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Life seems completely empty to me, without any meaning whatsoever, if there is not the least possibility of continuing on past our current form.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wrote and was going to post what could have been seen as a vulgar post. So Im just going to list somethings instead.

I belive a lot of stuff in religion comes from social dynamics. A majority of the 10 commandments could easily be, "what to do and not do, if you want to live in a hunter gatherer society". (also societies that advance past that, but hunter gatherers, kept things pretty simple. Its why guys wuss out when talking with girls. If you asked a girl out, and she rejected you, the other girls would hear about it. IF she was tied to someone or had a brother, him and his friends might take u some where and kill you/injure you, feed you to lions.).

-Also, I have no idea what an afterlife would be like, to me, living up in heaven would probably drive me insane as I see it. I can not grasp what there would be to do to essentially keep going on for. Also, I think most of the people up in heaven, if its there, are the same type of people that annoy the piss out of me down here (Id say its at least 70/30). Ive always said the party is down in hell, and thats probably true, unless God is pretty lax and forgiving.

-Bioligical drive. Is HUGE in our reality. We live to survive, we live for pussy. Creating works of art, reading, is just what we do to pass the time when we're not getting laid. Dont get me wrong, I like the other stuff, but survival is such a huge part of who we are bioligcally. Which ties to what is an afterlife like. I have to imagine theres no bioligcal drive that needs to be satisfied. Is there even beer. Do we write works of art? Or do we just sing in some goddawful heavenly choir for the rest of eternity?

-Even said, whether there is an afterlife or if you could be immortal, I think you are F'ed on both fronts. I think in the end, youd just want both to end. Ignorant maybe (more so because, what the hell the afterlife is all about, is beyond our grasp...but just imagining it, makes me just hope there is nothing after this). As an immortal, youd still have your fun, but I have to imagine, things would start to wear on you after a couple hundred years.

This could all be pretty ignorant.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if we are nothing more than a fart in the wind, whats the point of doing anythign the right way, it just doesnt make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really great reasoning right there.... wow.