Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Bill Gustafik Murder in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
She was saying a red drink was spilled next to the bed, then she tried to clean it, then she threw a blanket over it. Then there is a whole (made-up?) story about him chasing after her, cornering her in the kitchen (she was "cornered" so she just had to grab the knife), gritting his teeth, etc.
The main point is--RED LIQUID STAIN next to bed. Huge guy who takes steroids is stabbed to death by his much smaller wife. How do you think things really went down? (If there is a red liquid stain next to the bed)

[/ QUOTE ]

even though she doesn't know the spelling differences of loose and lose, I would still think she would be smart enough to know that no one is going to confuse blood for crystal light.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:37 PM

regardless whether that letter is true or not, I hope this is an eye opener for some of the punks that like to talk smack at the poker table (i.e. eric molina).

You could be talking smack to a roided out coke head who really wants to kill his ex-wife. That would not be smart.

Live poker is not like the chat box at pokerstars....you can get your ass kicked.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you automatically believe everything his wife claims to be true?

I would think her credibility would be damaged by 1. her killing her husband and 2. her suicide attempt.

Parts of the story are probably true, but it is almost certainly exaggerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I threw in a caveat just to cover all my bases, but I think her note clearly has the ring of truth.

For one thing it was her suicide note, not a legal brief, she has no reason to lie.

Second the allegations simply sounded to consistent, plausible, and independently verifiable to be fabrications.

Third this is not a potential "truth lies in the middle" scenario. Unless the letter is utter fiction, which I think is highly improbable, then the essence of it is true.

Have you even read the letter?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For one thing it was her suicide note, not a legal brief, she has no reason to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

She still cares what her family and friends think about her. I can't believe so many just take the note for truth.

It would be easy to have this guy arrested, if any of it was true, trying to hire a hitman to kill ex.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She still cares what her family and friends think about her. I can't believe so many just take the note for truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't we believe her? Just because she's a murder and drug abuser? And maybe she wants to make one last attempt to blame all her problems on someone else?

Oh right... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 09:49 PM

Here's a gem from Mike Matusow who posted a reply.

"Mike Matasow said …

and I thought I was screwed up "
Old 04-21-2007, 01:42 AM

Has anyone seen this woman up close and think she's nice looking? I have and I thought she had a beautiful face. She alludes to plastic surgery in her suicide note, but whatever the surgeons did it turned out all right. She also has humongous boobs, pretty eyes, and a beautiful smile. I was very attracted to her. This whole thing is a shame.

Reading the essay she makes it seem like she is such a terrible person, but I didn't see that. All I saw was petty stuff. If it's true about Bill then the outcome is somewhat predictable. Poker and drugs do not mix very well. Some people may be able to pull it off for years but eventually it will get you. the same with trying to live far above your means.

I think one of the posters said he instantly disliked her. For me it was the opposite, I was quite taken with her.

I heard Bill speak after busting out on UPC and he seemed like the nicest guy. I wonder how bad he could really be. I suspect not that bad. If cocaine was heavily in the picture then that could be the catalyst for this whole catastrophe.

i can't believe this woman is going to have any kind of enjoyable life in the joint. It will be with the hardcore women inmates, many of them total butches. And with Jill's pretty face and nice body she's probably going to have the bull dykes all over her.

Unbelievable the things we can get ourselves into sometimes due to lack of self restraint.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
regardless whether that letter is true or not, I hope this is an eye opener for some of the punks that like to talk smack at the poker table (i.e. eric molina).

You could be talking smack to a roided out coke head who really wants to kill his ex-wife. That would not be smart.

Live poker is not like the chat box at pokerstars....you can get your ass kicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! Don't warn them, and maybe some of them will die.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:56 AM

He probably had a crazy wife who got progressively crazier and possessive the more famous and well known he became. She was also older than him which suggests this as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 AM

Oh come on! What's she going to say? She's facing the chair.