Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Commerce - Playing Defense... with the 2nd nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there are like 14 straight cards in the deck we dont wanna see and 9 board pairing ones, making 25 cards that could come on the turn that could kill ur action, or your hand.

bet flop. as played, i shove turn.

edit: i think u know u messed this one up, but ill add the standard, if you are going to misplay multiple streets after the flop, maybe muck the J7s pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwwww SNAP! You're on ignore now, FSU!

AZK, you make some really good points about live bet sizing, and I definitely want to give you all of the credit for them, and none to Foxwoods Fiend. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, fsu is one of the few people that's allowed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ... but it still hurts.

Kirk
Old 04-20-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Commerce - Playing Defense... with the 2nd nuts.

Am I the only one that thinks not betting the flop is insane? You are in position and have been checked to with a really strong hand. If they have nothing, you aren't winning much anyway. If they have a good hand, they are hoping for you to bet.

Everyone in the hand expects you to bet on the button here....sometimes with nothing, sometimes with a hand. Regardless they are going to give you much less credit for having a hand since you are on the button and in position to steal. When you don't bet the flop, but then raise on the turn when a blank hits that would really be setting off bells in my head....to me, your line looks MUCH scarier than someone that just bet the flop.

Also, against this donkey, you should be felting it 100% of the time with this hand. Yeah occasionally he'll beat you, most of the time he won't.