Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which game to buy?
NCAA Football 2007 46 53.49%
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology 40 46.51%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Why do you live there?

I work in midtown Manhattan and used to live right outside the city. I sold my condo last year and moved down to the Jersey Shore. Overall, its a better quality of life with allot more access to outdoor recreation activities than where I used to live -- not to mention a much shorter drive to Atlantic City. People are more laid back and friendlier than they are in up North. Shopping and restaurants are amazing. Nothing gets really crowded except for the summer season. I'm amazed how many people are transplants like me that make the 2+ hr commute to NYC every day. We all unanimously agree it’s worth it.

Arial view of my town.

View from my living room.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:41 AM

I moved back to my home town when I got married. It's relatively cheap by Massachusetts standards and there are some very nice neighborhoods, which I know well because I grew up there. We bought a starter house. The Warden recently changed jobs and now has a 3 mile commute. I ditched my 90 minute commute for a new job last year, and now I have a 20 minute drive to and from work. My mother lives a mile away, and I'm able to take care of snow removal, lawn care, etc., which is good for mom.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 AM

Because of the daily drama in our newspaper's Crime Log:

4/19/2007
"The following is a look at the police activities in the St. Cloud area. It is not a comprehensive list, but rather a glimpse at what is going on in local cities.

St. Cloud police

Two men dressed as Superman and Spider-Man were acting aggressively toward a motorcyclist, a caller reported to police Wednesday. Police were called at 5:57 p.m. Wednesday to Dairy Queen at 2424 Division St. Police watched the two men for a bit and then told them to stay out of trouble. The men agreed.

A suspicious person was reported at 7:11 p.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of 14th Street South. A resident reported that a young woman had been walking around the area for more than an hour. She was wearing ripped clothing and appeared to be lost. Police spoke to the woman who said she lived in the area and was out for a walk. The ripped clothing was the young woman's preferred style, the officer noted.

Police were called at 8:39 p.m. Wednesday to Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 2555 Clearwater Road. A window was open and a light was on, which is unusual for that time of night, the caller reported. Police checked the building and had the keyholder come out to shut the window."

St. Cloud Times Crime Log
Old 04-20-2007, 12:17 PM

For work - I have to live in Costa Rica for the job I have. If the job disappeared, I'd be on the next plane home to Canada (back to my hometown). Though after 6 months there, I'd probably be wishing I was back in Costa Rica.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 PM

SPR's bachelor pad is the [censored]. [censored] = colloquialism for the chest area of human females.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Awesome view. If you don't mind me asking, how much per month is that place? Just curious.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Well, I live in the San Diego area but others would be foolish to live there. Traffic, crime, earthquakes, high housing costs - you just don't want to deal with it. Stay away if you value your quality of life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Aaaaahh, who am I kidding? I've had plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere and you couldn't drag me away. I love it here. Weather, nice neighborhoods, lots of things to do with the family. I didn't grow up in San Diego but I may very well live out the rest of my life here.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:41 PM

I live in the bay, just for the hoes. Seriously there is only 1 place to live, everything else is just a stopover......here it is:http://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas/index.jsp
Old 04-20-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I went with "Physical environment (location, climate)" because it's why I'm moving to SD. If I answer with Pittsburgh, it's "It's my hometown (or proximity to family)"

[/ QUOTE ]

where?! HAY NEIGHBOR!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can help me out in naming the area since you know SD better than me. My place is like 1/2 a mile West of Fashion Valley, across the street from Riverwalk Golf Club.

So what's that area called?

[/ QUOTE ]

Friars road?

lol i dunno what else to call it.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of the daily drama in our newspaper's Crime Log:

4/19/2007
"The following is a look at the police activities in the St. Cloud area. It is not a comprehensive list, but rather a glimpse at what is going on in local cities.

St. Cloud police

Two men dressed as Superman and Spider-Man were acting aggressively toward a motorcyclist, a caller reported to police Wednesday. Police were called at 5:57 p.m. Wednesday to Dairy Queen at 2424 Division St. Police watched the two men for a bit and then told them to stay out of trouble. The men agreed.

A suspicious person was reported at 7:11 p.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of 14th Street South. A resident reported that a young woman had been walking around the area for more than an hour. She was wearing ripped clothing and appeared to be lost. Police spoke to the woman who said she lived in the area and was out for a walk. The ripped clothing was the young woman's preferred style, the officer noted.

Police were called at 8:39 p.m. Wednesday to Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 2555 Clearwater Road. A window was open and a light was on, which is unusual for that time of night, the caller reported. Police checked the building and had the keyholder come out to shut the window."

St. Cloud Times Crime Log

[/ QUOTE ]

The funniest part of this was the last line on the page:

If you have any information about these incidents, call Crime Stoppers at 255-1301 or visit its Web site at tricountycrimestoppers.org