Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: USA vs the Whole World, guns included

[ QUOTE ]
I would expect the U.S. to suffer significant damage during the attack and would have to regroup in some way.

Given the right incentive, the ROW will be able to come up with similar technology that the U.S. has I'd say in 2-3 years. Wars spur new inventions like nothing else.

Also, without nukes we can't wipe out everything. There'd be enough infrastructure and people in place for the ROW to get their stuff together and launch some sort of campaign.

This is all assuming we more want to take over governments and take power instead of kill everyone in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt we could win if we wanted to take over governments, but I do think we could win if we just killed everyone, also i think that we probably have enough conventional weapons to kill everyone on the earth, we are also forgetting about non-traditional, conventional weapons that we have, that few other countries also do, (electro-magnetic pulse, etc).

on a seperate note, I wish i could find the damn article, but Im fairly sure that there is about 20 years for RandD for our military, ie, the stealth bomber came out in what 93? so they started working on it in 73...I cant imagine what they are working on now.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These threads make me roll my eyes, americans are so convinced of their superiority in everything, it's beyond funny.

Take Israeli, Russian, British and Japanese tech, add Saudi financing, Chinese manufacturing production capacity and disregard for human losses, Pakistani fanaticism, German efficiency, etc, mix it all and let is stew for a year.

Relevant wiki articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_armed_forces
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._active_troops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_total_troops

USA will start off on a high note, but it will go downhill very fast. Somewhat like Germany in WW2. You just can't fight demographics.

All this assumes no nukes of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your numbers here actually make the case for the US. The defense budget and number of aircraft and ships are the important numbers here. We're not talking about occupying every other country with troops on the ground. With the technological dominance the US has with high kill ratios this makes the war seem doable.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to reiterate again that a lot of these systems - such as the 108-0 kill ratio F-22 - are reliant on technology that is incredibly vulnerable to attack. Someone above mentioned GPS, when in the event of war with the U.S. nearly any industrialized nation in the world could take it out incredibly quickly and at an absolute minimum of cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to take out GPS? Anti satellite missiles arent able to reach 20,000 km where GPS satellites orbit and jammers are easily countered with an anti-radiation missile.