Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Ram Vaswani speaks about that \'Golf Game\'.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah I'm a Welcher blah blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

potd
Old 04-19-2007, 11:25 PM

apoligies if already brought up......
DN was obv. "cheated/hustled" a few times for serious $, he let it happen again and again, but he payed up. The only thing that seems 100% truthful is that Ram gambled too big, and is angle shooting to get out of paying. (dn having deep pockets shouldnt be a factor etheir)
Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell is he even bringing up friendship? They're playing high stakes golf. Any competitve person will tell you that when you compete against somebody, you're not their friend for that time. You're trying to beat them. Did Barkley complain to MJ when he was handing it to the Suns in the playoffs? No, because its the nature of the game. They're both hustlers, Ram should understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

true competitors want to know who is better they dont need to resort to suspect tactics to win... they have a thing called honor
Old 04-19-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell is he even bringing up friendship? They're playing high stakes golf. Any competitve person will tell you that when you compete against somebody, you're not their friend for that time. You're trying to beat them. Did Barkley complain to MJ when he was handing it to the Suns in the playoffs? No, because its the nature of the game. They're both hustlers, Ram should understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

true competitors want to know who is better they dont need to resort to suspect tactics to win... they have a thing called honor

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that PI gives a damn whether he is better golfer or not? It isn't the golf ... it is the wagering that they live for. How many articles do people have to cited to in order to understand this?

NCAces
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 AM

Here is a question I would like to know Ram's answer to. If he ended up winning by getting lucky, but the found out Ivey had lied, would he expect ivey to pay him or claim the play/bet to be void?

For example:
Supposed the negotiations went down as Ram said. However, he was only able to play one round and was called back to England for an Emergency. However, let's say he won 200K in that round.

Then over the next 3 days Mark Goodwin gets schooled and it becomes clear that Ivey has improved by a lot and that Ram's winning on day 1 was a fluke of luck.

Would he say to Ivey, dont pay me the 200K i won because since you lied about your handicap the whole round is void.

it seems that by claiming the round is void due to the lying in negotations, he shouldnt expect ivey to pay him even if he got lucky and beat the hustler.

I'm sure Ram would say that yes, he would not expect to get paid and have the round voided (given the sticky situation he is now in). But do you really think he wouldn't expect to get paid?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like Ram pulled the biggest hustle of them all, play for high stakes, if you win, get $$$$$$$, if you lose.. dont pay

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-20-2007, 06:22 AM

It def seems like Ram wanted to play for higher stakes the second day because he knew he wouldn't pay if he lost big.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 AM

During negotiations...

Ivey: I haven't played in the last three months

Ram: Sure i'll pay you if i lose

So, the first lie by Ivey is ok b/c he is just getting an edge over Ram... but Ram lying to get a freeroll is not ok?
Seems to me like Ram got the best of this bet if you look at it that way. Thats only true if lying is an acceptable part of negotiations as has been stated throughout this thread.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 AM

Like 9 out of every 10 of the comparisons in this thread are so worthless and space-wasting.

As to NYplayer's account, generally if you find out someone has cheated you but you got "lucky" enough to win from them it's kind of your call. A correct comparison would be if Ram had lied to Ivey about not playing for awhile and he crushed Ivey and Ivey refused to pay, would he make him pay?

You're not properly balancing the story in your comparison here, it's not really the same thing.

And, uh Marc yours is even worse..
Old 04-20-2007, 08:03 AM

we need Blair Rodman's input!!!