Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: SUPERHERO SHOWDOWN!!! (Geek Debate)

Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 PM

My vote goes to this guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power to shape and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially.

As the Master of Magnetism, he can lift, move, and alter objects (sometimes weighing many thousands of tons) through magnetic force (e.g., he can lift a Russian Typhoon-class submarine from the ocean floor, project metal at an unparalleled velocity and place tremendous pressure on metallic substances to liquefy and reshape them), manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, redirect the flow of blood through one's brain to alter thoughts and perceptions or blank a person's mind completely, levitate a person or control a person's actions by manipulating the iron in their bloodstream, remove the iron from the bloodstream entirely through a person's skin, control ferrous particles in the atmosphere, alter the Earth's magnetic field which extends into space as the magnetosphere, prodigiously increase his own strength to superhuman levels, erect electromagnetic force fields with a high degree of impenetrability, erase computer hard drives, and achieve a wide range of other effects. Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through Class 100 (the ability to lift over 100 tons).

Magneto has used his magnetic abilities to extract the Adamantium bonded to Wolverine's skeleton. Magneto has stopped armies, raised islands from ocean floors, moved mountains, and even threatened to devastate the world with apocalyptic floods and earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed the entire globe with a self-generated electro-magnetic pulse that caused widespread devastation.

Magneto usually protects himself with a personal forcefield that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His forcefield has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruption, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-Men, including Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus (during the Secret Wars).

[/ QUOTE ]

He could literally rip folks to shreds.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 PM

Old 04-19-2007, 08:58 PM

Wow I had no idea Magneto was that powerful. When someone else mentioned him I kind of brushed it off but, damn.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Susan Storm/Richards takes this. There's basically no one that she can't take out, and no one that she can't defend against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why does Richards even have to be part of it?

Also, I guess things have changed. WHen I was reading FF as a kid, Sue was always collapsing because it was hard for her to keep her force fields up. She didn't have superhuman reactions to always get it up in time either. And I don't remember her attacking too much...can't even remember that she did. What was her attack that was so powerful?