Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:38 AM

Default laying down a big hand, good fold?

PreFlop: Seems good to me
Flop:Seems fine
Turnoesn't seem like I could do anything different.
River:Fold or raise the SB bet, maybe?

No reads on any of them.

Party Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: laying down a big hand, good fold?

next time stop the action at the SB river 3-bet.

I don't see a reason to raise the river on the first bet to us, nor do I see a reason to fold. As for the 3-bet I would be puking before I made my decision. I think I would find it hard to fold a straight, but I would expect to see a chop or boat a lot.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 AM

I don't fold this. They obv like the A but SBs Bet/Call, Check/Call line doesn't exactly read two pair/set. It looks more like a weak A that he didn't want to fold. MP3 could be a slowplay of a set but I still call and hope for just an Ace in both of their hands.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 AM

2pair or a set give a lot more action. this is trip As a lot. your fold is awful.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 AM

I'd expect to see trip Aces from SB vs. MP3s Flush on showdown.
Together with a boat these are more or less he only 3 holdings we can expect to see.
It's hard to find a reason not to fold, since the pot is not so immense that you're getting like &gt;10:1 on the river and I cannot imagine how we can see trip Aces from MP3 often enough to justify a call?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM

MP3's line is consistent with both a flush and a weak trip aces. SB's line looks more like trip aces than it does two pair or a set that rivered a boat. I get to showdown in this pot that looks like it will be over 20 BB by the end.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM

its more marginal than most ppl think i would guess.

pretty sure folding is strictly very slightly higher ev, but come on its like 30 cents for sanity, just make the call.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM

I don't hate it. I'm surprised that so many people think that the fold isn't close. I think it is, and I think folding might be correct, given the players involved. Since MP3 capped, I think you're behind here (but we didn't have that info at the time of the fold.)

I like your original flat-call on the river, and I think folding might be right, but I don't think I have it in me to make it.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:12 PM

I'm getting to showdown given the limit.