Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Protect those blinds 33 hand

I must admit i would not usually try this raise but im trying to be more aggressive.... is this wrong when u have pp and a pair hit flop vs 1 (albeit this time it was aces) and his stats read 20/13/0.4.....

How was it played on flop. should a call told me to check turn?, but how passive is this guy

Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 6.75BB
Old 04-19-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Protect those blinds 33 hand

I play it exactly the same. With a 0.4 aggression factor he is never bluffing this turn.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 PM

I think the flop is standard. When you're defending with 33 vs a button steal any paired board is good for you because this guys range opens up quite a bit on the button. The turn is the question here. How many hands do you have on this guy? That's a pretty low AF but turn did put a flush draw on the board. I think that it's a b/f on the turn. He's raising with something so even if you're ahead I think he draws out on you alot and I think he's got the Ace often.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM

If I c/r the flop I usually just c/f the turn against predictable TAGs and weak players. This guy's stats screams weak tight to me, so my only input is to consider c/f'ing the turn. He is either getting to SD or waiting to raise his trip A's IMO
Old 04-19-2007, 01:21 PM

i have very few hands on him less than 100, how about a preflop reraise here, i was thinking about the flush too but didnt want to spew, his steal is only at 30% so prob had the Ace, on the other hand tho i thought players like him would get excited and reraise that flop, anyway .....
Old 04-19-2007, 01:32 PM

Oink, I just can't see c/fing this turn. A low AF means he calls a lot. I think that you get the money from this guy on the turn. If you check the turn what's your river plan?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Well no one who's 20/13 has a .4 AF. So I'll assume that's sample size issues.

c/r flop lead turn isn't good against this guy. For c/r'ing the flop to be good, he has to fold overs. If he does this, you should check the turn. If he doesn't, then you'd be better off calling, calling a non-K/A/J/T turn, and folding to a river bet.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:17 PM

Leader, Why don't we want to c/r if he'll call with overs? We've still got the best hand if he's got overs so there's still value in a c/r right?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM

That doesn't look good to me, no one is going to give you credit for an ace no matter how tight they seem so you're just going to get outplayed with this approach. Call the flop and turn then decide on the river. I would also consider three betting preflop here you have decent fold equity against this guy.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader, Why don't we want to c/r if he'll call with overs? We've still got the best hand if he's got overs so there's still value in a c/r right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Letting him bluff the turn has value too. In addition, it's hard for us to win the hand if he calls the flop c/r. Do we really want to put in 3BB post flop in this hand? I don't. I want to figure out if I'm behind in the cheapest way possible, get the most value when ahead, and protect our hand as much as possible. If we can't protect our hand being agro, we're just putting bets in worse, and we're leaving ourselves open to a bluff unless we c/r-bet-bet.