Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Please tell me why....

People would ever consider going downtown more than once to play poker?

Never been, ok see for yourself. Went once, there should be 100 reasons to never go back.

Please, give me all your excuses as to why you would play in a disgusting, depressing room.

Why have a 100 year old raisin serve you drinks when you can have a 22 yr old PHB serve you with a smile?

Why eat a 3 dollar worm-burger, when the Venetian feeds you FREE prime rib?

Why pay for parking, when you can practically park IN Wynn for free?

Why play anywhere that doesn't have shuffle machines?

People say that NO-Limit is ruining poker, I say it's all of these 5-10 table rooms, so I want answers poeple....WHY DO YOU GO TO THEM?

I call for a city wide boycott of all these pee stained B.S. rooms that are sucking up 2-3 tables a day. I say that by doing this we will heard all of the tourists to the top 4-5 rooms on the strip. Fish in a barrell.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Please tell me why....

"Please, give me all your excuses as to why you would play in a disgusting, depressing room."

Golden Nugget is pretty nice.

"Why have a 100 year old raisin serve you drinks when you can have a 22 yr old PHB serve you with a smile?"

There are 22 year olds working downtown too. Some are even very pretty and still have all their teeth.

"Why eat a 3 dollar worm-burger, when the Venetian feeds you FREE prime rib?"

Will you PLEASE stop pimping the Venetian.

"Why pay for parking, when you can practically park IN Wynn for free?"

If you play poker downtown, you don't pay for parking (if you know what you are doing).

"Why play anywhere that doesn't have shuffle machines?"

To be near Chip-Ho's, quick drink service, and drunken downtown players. YMMV.

"People say that NO-Limit is ruining poker, I say it's all of these 5-10 table rooms, so I want answers poeple....WHY DO YOU GO TO THEM?"

Because the games are good and the beer is cold.

All in all, I'd rather be at the Orleans, Cannery, Speedway, Poker Palace, Santa Fe or Tuscany playing poker but.... downtown can be a hoot!

In the last week, I played downtown twice; a Binion's mixed game (with 2+2er Don Olney, Linda Johnson, etc) and a $1-2 NL at the Golden Nugget. Both games were a blast!

Happy Pokering,

Howard
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY AT THE VENETIAN.

No particular reason other than this shill bugs the crap out of me.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WARNING: DO NOT PLAY AT THE VENETIAN.

No particular reason other than this shill bugs the crap out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Well if the 1st lady of poker is playin downtown then why play anywhere else EH
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM

Linda also plays the "V" with a group of us when she is in town. Nice little mixed game. Jan Fisher also is in the game.
We did play at the 'shoe the last week. I was impressed with the CLEANER poker area. It was a blast.
But for me it will still be a rare day when I play that area. The parking time thing just pisses me off.

As for the "V". I do like the room and play it now and then. I still play the "B" because they have the limits I need.
I used to play the Wynn about 1 1/2 years ago, doubt I will ever play there again.

I still think with a little tweeking the "V" could shoot up to the #2 room in town. It will be hard as heck for any room to take over the #1 spot.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 PM

I like the strip better for poker, but I prefer downtown in general over the strip.

I am in my late 30's and like to wear jeans and a t-shirt when I am on vacation. I am married and am not looking to get laid or party in the cool clubs. I also like to be able to play at a $5 BJ table with decent rules and have the floor actually appreciate my action. Downtown just suits me better in general. I suppose if I was a "baller" 25 year old, then I might think that the strip was more Rocks and Rings, but I is what I is.

The only reason I like the strip is the availability of live NL, which is very rare in my area.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 PM

Thank you, Wongboy, that is an excellent answer. That is the type of thing I am looking for.

I played Binions for the first time the other day and I felt as though I could get mugged...IN the room. At the time they had like 6 games going and I began to wonder why on earth 60 people would voluntarily play there.

I'm sorry if I pimp the V, but why not. It's comfortable and they treat you very well there.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why eat a 3 dollar worm-burger, when the Venetian feeds you FREE prime rib?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey wait a minute! I'm going to be in LV for a week in early June, my first visit - this is the first I've heard of free prime rib for poker players!

If that's true, sounds like the V will be my home base for the entire week.

Tell me more, tell me more! I'm serious man, if this is true, I need to know about it!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

People say that NO-Limit is ruining poker, I say it's all of these 5-10 table rooms, so I want answers poeple....WHY DO YOU GO TO THEM?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the smaller rooms. I love playing at Treasure Island. Good service, less locals, more tourists, good games, comfort.

[ QUOTE ]

I call for a city wide boycott of all these pee stained B.S. rooms that are sucking up 2-3 tables a day. I say that by doing this we will heard all of the tourists to the top 4-5 rooms on the strip. Fish in a barrell.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are essentially saying that you hate the small rooms because it makes the competition harder in your "bigger" rooms because the fish have too many options?