Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Default AK help

Three AK hands I played today. The first 2 were against a very loose player (VPIP 66, PFR 9) who loved to donk flops with anything from top pair to total air. The third was against a standard TAG 27/14. Am I getting too many bets in with these hands? Where should I dump them if I am? I feel like I have developed a serious leak in my game with AK/AQ and need to be reminded of basics.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.6SB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.8BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.8BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 5.8BB

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.8BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.8BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.8BB

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10.6SB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.3BB
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: AK help

hand 1: I want to bet that turn, a lot. The villian can have anything with the way he plays and we may actually be ahead, we also get the benefit of him possibly folding to a turn bet. With the river, considering how loose he is and us hitting our A, I want to raise that for value with the info that you've given us. If we get three bet, we will have to chuck the hand, but I think raising this river will gain us an extra bet more then we lose two bets against this guy

hand 2: see, on this one, I want to check the turn. With there being two paint cards, it makes it more likely that he has something going whether it be a pair or a straight draw. It also allows us to possibly see a free showdown

hand 3: I'm raising this flop. that is just a really odd gay bet by a tag and looks more like a draw of some sort rather then a pair. If he had a pair, we are seeing him CR you more likely, but him betting into you, he wants the field to try to put money in to get value out of his draw. against this player too, by raising the flop we can see a cheap showdown. as played, I'm really not seeing much of a reason to call that river considering how he's played the hand
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: AK help

I'm fine w/ all of hand 3 and the turn play in the first two hands. I also raise the river in hand 1. I do not raise the flop in hand 2.