Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 215$ Sunday Warm Up - QQ again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like it exactly as OP played it and I don't like betting that flop because its too easy to get you off the hand if you do. If you check, however, you control the pot size and keep villain in check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh...you lay down QQ on this board if the very active villain reraises you on a standard flop cbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I think you would have to lay down. the problem is that villain knows this.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM

This is an easy value bet on the river. If you really wanted to get creative, you could even overbet the pot, making it look like you busted out on spades and maybe get paid off from a hand as weak as A8, who knows. I'd rather overbet the river looking for a "heroic" call than to check.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like it exactly as OP played it and I don't like betting that flop because its too easy to get you off the hand if you do. If you check, however, you control the pot size and keep villain in check.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh...you lay down QQ on this board if the very active villain reraises you on a standard flop cbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you put villain on Jx, 44, KK or AA if he reraises? Why? And how does villain know this? This is just so wrong.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you put villain on Jx, 44, KK or AA if he reraises? Why? And how does villain know this? This is just so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, you beat all the hands he just listed....soo yaaa
Old 04-18-2007, 03:03 PM

I would bet the flop, check the turn and then "bluff" the river. Looks like any ace really
Old 04-18-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, you beat all the hands he just listed....soo yaaa

[/ QUOTE ]
On the flop.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG I fold this flop 0% of the time. If you think villain knows you need to fold QQ(which I would never ever do and I would never ever give anyone credit to fold qq here). But assuming villain will try and push you off qq here than bet and let him bluff you off.

For OP
Bet the flop
If you check the flop bet more on the turn.
Just bet the river here. Good spots to crai the river are when most hands he calls your bets with he valuebets himself this is not the case here.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:19 PM

Ok say you bet flop. Say you bet the pot. Then I'll pretty much shove very often on you....then what. Worse, what if I flat call it? Then what do you do on the turn? You put me in such a strong positional advantage when you come out betting and the pot gets away from you easily.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok say you bet flop. Say you bet the pot. Then I'll pretty much shove very often on you....then what. Worse, what if I flat call it? Then what do you do on the turn? You put me in such a strong positional advantage when you come out betting and the pot gets away from you easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shoved on me when I had QQ BvB on this flop, I would first do a little happy dance, and immediately call. If you flat call, great, I'm betting another one. No way you can be scared of a better hand here.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 PM

I think the flop check is okay against 1 opponent . Here is why:

If you bet the flop and villain calls and the turn is the same card...then what? Bet again? Almost no way we can bet again on the turn. So we are checking one street anyway, why not the flop?

Foucault's Millenial Dissertation has a similar example I believe.

Anyhow, bet more on the turn. At least t2200 probably closer to t3000.

On the river, I'd bet. Although trying for the check/raise isn't a bad idea given reads and your play on the flop and the turn. If he has a J, he is betting that river 100% of the time and you should be check/raise shoving it a lot. So you don't lose any value if he has a J. However, you are losing value when he has smaller pairs as your check/raise will just make him fold and he probably would have called your river lead anyway.

Sherman