Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: What we\'re up against: Playing with a UIGEA supporter (l/c)

faaaaaaaaantastic trip report. I laughed out loud more then once. I just kept laughing at the character names.

did anyone else say this part out loud trying to speak like a Mexican ?

"UIGEA: He raised and bet with nothing.
Mexican: He had the best hand.
UIGEA: He didn’t have anything.
Mexican: He had you beat.
UIGEA: But he raised with nothing.
Mexican: He knew what you had, that’s why he’s a champion.
UIGEA sits there and looks completely incredulous."

I swear every time I say "he's a champion" with a Mexican accent, I crack up. Great post !
Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 AM

lol i love it. what a sad display of human nature; refusing to admit to your own faults (sucking at poker) and instead pinning the blame on someone/something else (online riggedness).

nice professionalism.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Hahaha, the ZERO dollars part is freakin' hilarious!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:50 PM

I was involoved in the argument between Mitch and "The Politician" and to be a jerk and already knowing the answer, I asked him if he was a winning player at 30/60. He replied, "I usually play less than 6 hours so I don't lose my focus and I usually do pretty well-- is that what you mean?" I don't understand why he wasn't elected... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I usually play less than 6 hours so I don't lose my focus"

[/ QUOTE ]

this is hilarious. how can one lose focus if they have no idea wtf they are looking at?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM

This trip report is so gold. I was not a part of any of this but oman I wish I was. I did argue with him about a month ago about how he thinks poker should be illegal. It's like argueing with your kid brother.

You really gotta call me when funny [censored] like this goes down, cause I imagine I woulda had some fun. Then again it IS canterbury...almost a daily occurance.

The zero part is super funny and def sounds like kirby or andy fox haha. Pwnt.

The a8 comments are SO standard that guy. Totally shows his lack of understanding of poker in general and it's super funny to me. It's no*******wonder he lost the race for congress or whatever.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM

This was so amazing.

Thanks PBob.

People like the UIGEA supporter make me want to scream in frustration most days (all days?) I'm glad to hear that he sucks at poker as well as life.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had 30 min long argument with him and his staffer yesterday @ 15-30.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this "staffer"? Does he play often? I am assuming he is just as horrible. This argument sounded like fun. I may have to start one with him, as I like fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

The staffer is even worse if thats possible. They were both sitting to my left and I was isolating them the entire hour b4 staffer went busto. They were probably the only reason I booked a win that day. Also, I believe the staffer plays only occassionally. They try to sit near each other.

What is so funny is that they had no argument other than your standard myths about online poker and gambling in general. Its a sad state of affairs when legislators can make laws with zero experience in the area for which they intend to legislate. I believe this guy is pretty representative of the kind of view that supporters of this bill hold.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM

I was A8 and when I read this at first I thought Bob was calling me a Mexican, cuz I know during this same convo I said a lot of the same things to UIGEA.

He really does seem to have more problems than anyone I've played with when it comes to following the action.

Another story involving him:

Play a hand where 3 bets goes in PF, with him in the BB calling with 53s. Flop 864, capped (5-bets) with him, me, and a third guy. Turn T, 3-bets in on the turn. River 7, he checks, other guy checks, I bet my 66, he calls, other guy folds.

A few hands after this, he gets QQ in LP and raises, gets cold called by the button. Axy flop he bets and gets called. Turn Qc and second club, he bets, gets raised, 3bets, and gets called. River Jc and he checks and calls a bet and loses to Ac2c, and says all of the following:
"Man you guys always get so lucky vs me. All my big hands always get snapped. I have to be the most unlucky person here, I always lose with my big hands."

No, you lose cuz you're horrible at poker.

I would wager big bucks that he is so against internet poker because he has played online and gotten murdered, so now believes it is rigged and it's his "duty" to protect us all from it.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:47 PM

"I would wager big bucks that he is so against internet poker because he has played online and gotten murdered, so now believes it is rigged and it's his "duty" to protect us all from it."

This is obviously the case.

"I know he told someone that it because "old people blow their savings" gambling online."

That is the most pathetic thing i've ever heard.