Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 AM

Default top pair rr on flop, priced in?

villain is 36/18, 50 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($36.50)
Button ($9.25)
SB ($13.20)
BB ($28.30)
UTG ($63.60)
MP ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8.75</font>, Hero ????

So I read him to be a maniac and raise the flop thinking I am good, even the min rr raise on the flop isnt convincing,
I really debated between calling and pushing, thoughts?

Also assuming you call, whats a turn plan???
Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: top pair rr on flop, priced in?

This could easily be an overpair, two pair, or a set. Certainly doesn't seem likely he does this with anything less than TPTK.

You say he's a maniac, what do you think he sees you as? If he thinks you're loose too, or passive, you could be ahead here, but this looks like a clear fold to me.

If you call the flop, you have to call his push on the turn. Only reason to call is if you feel you are ahead and want to induce another bet on the turn. There are so few cards that improve your hand (9 or J) and so many scare cards (A, K, Q, maybe 2, 3).

I have to advocate folding, but if you're confident in your read, I would call flop and call shove on turn (if he checks, shove).
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 AM

i would call this flop almost always. (flat call his bet) is what i mean. by the flop miniraise, decide if you want to felt here.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 AM

I call his 3bet and fold to his turn push unless 4th street helps our hand (J or 9).
Old 04-18-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would call this flop almost always. (flat call his bet) is what i mean. by the flop miniraise, decide if you want to felt here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, calling here seems better. Against a maniac you want to call them down light, not turn your hand into a bluff.