Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Currently driving out to Las Vegas from New York

I am doing the boring drive alone because I don't think I could've gotten any of my friends to come with me even if I'd asked. They all have work all the time and no reason to sit in a car for 3 days cross country.

Yep, moving to Vegas! Been planning it for a long time. Parents want me to move out (who can blame them?) and I don't want to stay in NYC my whole life. I am planning to work as a dealer just to have a safe steady source of income and also because it seems like the only day job I could ever enjoy. Then I will also play while I'm not working, hopefully go robusto, etc...

I thought about moving to AC since it's so much closer, but anyone who has been to both knows Vegas is the clear choice. I just want to be around poker all the time... it's what keeps me going these days.

Plane tickets to LV are cheap indeed but I'm taking a lot of stuff with me so I save quite a bit in shipping costs and I will need my car out there anyway.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 AM

Have you talked to any dealers out there? You won't just get a dealer job right away, and even at that Vegas has an overflow of poker dealer wannabes. I hope you already know that, or else you're gonna be pretty upset for a while when you get out there.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Detailed reports on accommodations please. I've been considering doing something retarded like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would consist mostly of motels etc depending on what you want to spend... Most city type place have hiltons etc and if not holliday inns are probably the worst place you gotta stay if you so desire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but how seedy? You're not always going to be near a big city.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you plan it accordingly you could always crash near a big enough city to have a decent hotel. If your just winging it you could easily end up in the middle of nowhere and end up in some sketchy dirty ass motel or in your car at a rest stop.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:24 AM

Accomodations are shady, but workable so far. It's only like 30 bucks a night at this particular motel. It's pretty low class, but I have a TV with HBO. I'll survive.

How does someone get lost on an interstate? I wish I could tell you sir. All I know is that when I hit Ohio, the interstate I never thought I got off of suddenly turned into another road entirely. I was dead tired and it was night time so it took me like 20 minutes to notice the funky road #. When I got back to the junction I noticed there was all sorts of road work going on involving various detours, so I guess it had something to do with that.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:24 AM

Stop at the Badlands.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 AM

KSOT- did you set up something job wise before you left? Was that difficult?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you talked to any dealers out there? You won't just get a dealer job right away, and even at that Vegas has an overflow of poker dealer wannabes. I hope you already know that, or else you're gonna be pretty upset for a while when you get out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware. I have enough money saved up from poker to live in Vegas for at least a full year without working, not that I intend to do that. If I have to I'll get another job in the meantime, but hopefully I'll be able to at least get a part time dealing gig eventually. Wishful thinking! Even more wishful thinking is that I'll do so well at the tables that I won't have to work anywhere. Doubt it though...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop at the Badlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The what nows?

I AM going to the Grand Canyon ASAP. Hiking to the bottom of it was like the only good family vacation we ever took. That place is awesome.

Jolt, didn't set up anything. Flying by the seat of my pants, as usual.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 AM

Well good luck man. I know a couple people who moved out there with enough money to live for a few months, and now play 10/20NL. They're both 21. They're tight.

I also know another buddy who's 21 who deals out there, that's why I bring up the dealer job scarcity. In any case good luck, and you'll have a lot of fun as long as you keep your head on straight out there.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop at the Badlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The what nows?

[/ QUOTE ]

National Park in South Dakota. It's like you're on another [censored] planet. You can walk/climb all around there AFAIK.