Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Default stack-a-donk BLUFF!

I'm really trying to find some more interesting hands to post here, and I thought this was a pretty weird hand. Villain is iamtufts earlier in the session we've been going to absolute war with relentless 3 betting, him ALWAYS calling in position, floating, etc. I did this for a couple reasons, and will post that later.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($149.60)
BB ($151)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($170)</font>
MP ($53.80)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($116.55)</font>
Button ($106.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8.

Turn: ($25.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $19</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>
Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: stack-a-donk BLUFF!

If he folds, you had the best hand
Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Looks like a good checkraise bluff but I dont think its a stack-a-donk unless its able to actually stack him. This is just a normal, even somewhat weak checkraise. Also, I think stack-a-donk typically refers to three-bet pots.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 AM

I'd prolly just fold preflop.

Against an unknown, I'd just bet the turn again for value/protection.

Given the read that he's been floating alot, I'd definitely bet the turn again for value/protection.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:35 AM

Okay here is what I was thinking during the hand. The fact I had Q7 is pretty irrelevant, and IMO echo I definitely think Q7 folds out some hands I was behind i.e. a floated T (AT,-JT), A7, and possibly 8's or 9's; however, the worse my hand the more value in this play. 2nd pair decent kicker cannot stand two streets of value against a good player OOP, so I checked knowing the likelihood he would fire against my shown weakness, and the fact that's a perfect flop to float since It's extremely likely I have a terrible hand. Possible lines are bet/folding (yuck), check/calling (terrible spew OOP against a good player with such a marginal hand even if he's likely floating), bet/calling (lol obv not this), check/folding (he'll just keep floating me), and check/raising. Check/raising snaps off his float steals, overrepresents my hand to fold old his marginals since it's such a strong line, and tells him that he just can't call flop then bet turn to get a fold from me. Criticisms appreciated, but I thought this was a superb play given his tendencies.

also If I bet for protection it's going to be so awkward on river if he smooth calls

I also thought stack-a-donk line was when hero check/raises the turn OOP in a raised/reraised pot when flop goes bet/call or bet/raise
Old 04-18-2007, 05:45 AM

I agree with Fonkey, and I really like this hand.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 AM

If I'm tufts I'm never bet/folding worse on this turn.

This is much more for value than a bluff.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:05 AM

If his calling range preflop is RLY wide and so is his floatingrange in position its a good spot to doubbel-barrel. Cant see you calling a b/f yuck.

And yeah fold preflop if he is always calling you/floating alot.
If hes always calling you and youre not a huge fish, he has to be pretty bad. So tighten up pre and vaaaalueetooowwwwnnn.

As played C/R bigger, or even better C/F, save theese moves to better players.