Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Default 1/2 NL homegame, AA facing flop push

homegame, 9 handed, mostly fishy but they have a general idea of what they're doing. I am seen as TAGish, but have been making amazing reads and calling down light in the right spots and pushing people off hands. So they know I am superior/

1/2 blinds
Villian has 160 I cover

I pick up black aces in late position.

utg (fish) raises to 6, villian utg+1 makes it 15, folds to me and I think for a minute and make it 50 to go. folds around utg folds, villian calls.

Flop KKJ rainbow:
villian insta-pushes for 110 more.

villian is probably the worst at the table, but its hard to say this isn't a bluff. I had seen him keep betting into me on a AAT flop when I had AT and he had pocket 9s, then i put him all in and he called on the river. And another time he c/r the flop and showed air when they folded. but both these times were small amount, nothing major.

so i could see him doing this with AJ or QJ or even QQ or JT TT but KK AK JK KQ KT JJ just are more likely I think?

Anyway I put him on JJ and fold after thinking a while
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL homegame, AA facing flop push

Against said fish, I'm calling all day long.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Call, most fishies like to slowplay
Old 04-17-2007, 03:14 PM

thats what i thought too, but i just can't imagine this guy pushing all in without having a significant portion of the flop, all his bluffs were pretty small bets before. Also he was looking straight down at the table and not staring me down, i took this as a possible tell wanting me to call.

ah well, its too late , i folded but this hand bothered me all the next day
Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 PM

im almost positive you have the best hand givin my experience with the type of player you described (you have the best hand)

i used to play a lot of 1/2 live, i snapcall this, especaily because he has $160, and put $50 in preflop vs aces. hes not making money in the long run no matter what, you have to go broke when u get 1/3 of the fishies stack in the pot preflop vs your aces
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so i could see him doing this with AJ or QJ or even QQ or JT TT but KK AK JK KQ KT JJ just are more likely I think?

Anyway I put him on JJ and fold after thinking a while

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote above doesn't make sense. You're saying that he could do this with any decent jack, or other pocket pairs, but that trips, a full house or quads are most likely. Those hands are all very rare, especially for someone to push into the preflop 3-bettor.

Call. This guy sounds like a fish and the pot is huge and you're getting 2:1 to call his push. So you only need to have the best hand 1 in 3 times to call. Plus you've got 2 outs to beat him worst case, which will happen 8% of the time. Plus I think he'd be more likely to C/R AI if he had a king here.

Also I don't think it's beneficial to put people on a specific hand ("I put him on JJ"). It sounds pompous and causes you to delude yourself that you can know his exact hand. You have no idea of his exact hand, he's an unpredictable fish, so put him on a range like you did above. In this case I don't think he's over a 66% favourite to have a King or better, in fact it's probably less than 50%.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Insta call, he big fish, his range is massive to do this with for sure !

WelshChip