Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: NL50: The value of TPTK

I don't think villain with just a KJ or QJ makes a check raise here, This is a raise or fold situation, If you just call and he bets 10-15$ on turn, you have to call as Gullanian said.

So you should reraise him on flop to 25$ and fold to a push..

I would also like to see some stats about his : c/r on flop % and raise cont.bet %.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:36 AM

I have definitely seen weaker hands than AQ taking this line on the flop, but would only raise if he had been getting out of line. You are at the mercy of his turn bet with not many cards that help you. I would fold to the flop raise most of the time.

I agree with pacman2k7 that some stats would help here.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 AM

I fold the flop, you're behind his range on this board and you know he's going to punish you on later streets. Given his AF is pretty low and suddenly he's all over you, its looking like its going to cost you your whole stack to find out you are beat. If he's bluffing, so what? He plays well in position. I fold this flop.

Of course with histoy, I'd push if I felt I was ahead, but seeing as you have no reads, easy fold.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM

My flop bet was a little bit smaller than what was optimal, maybe. It made me look a little weak and I was sensing that just folding to the flop raise was too weak.

Couldn't he be "finding out where he was" with QJ, KQ, or AQ here? If so, am I crazy to think that he will slow down on the turn with a check? I guess this was my motivation for calling the flop and folding the turn.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold the flop, you're behind his range on this board and you know he's going to punish you on later streets. Given his AF is pretty low and suddenly he's all over you, its looking like its going to cost you your whole stack to find out you are beat. If he's bluffing, so what? He plays well in position. I fold this flop.

Of course with histoy, I'd push if I felt I was ahead, but seeing as you have no reads, easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have these problems as well : not thinking multiple streets. You cant stand big bets on turn/river and that what makes this flop call really though on you. Me here I prolly do the same [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Call flop, fold turn which is spew most of the time.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM

hes got some loose stats but i probly still fold, most likely he has a set, straight draw or kq, I dont think ur ahead of his range very often. good fold