Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: WinStar\'s new room opened?

I just got back from winstar playing $4/$8 limit holdem. I lost my $200 buy-in pretty quick against some pretty bad suckouts. Guess that's expected when there's about five to the flop and three seeing the turn nearly every hand. My kings didnt hold my aces didnt hold, my trip tens lost to runner runner straight and a gutshot at that.

Shortly after I joined the table a guy with an ipod was telling the dealer how he was making $14 an hour but has dropped down to $11, as he was leaving... was that you hime?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM

That was me. You were one of the Gobbo look alikes, eh?

No wait, you were the guy with the tourney buddies.

No wait, shortly after you joined... hell, I blacked out the late part of the session I think.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM

But yeah, i dusted off $100 even in under 1.7 hours last night. The cards were just cold cold cold. Most of my folds were missing too, or taking way too long to get there. That table would have been just about perfect if I was getting cards, and once you adapt to that style, it's a definite money maker table, just turn the crank. That guy Slobbovia with the mongoloid tongue would probably pay off every bet I make. I've played with him before, he's awful.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM

SOP last night = raise, miss, fold
or
call raise, miss, fold
or
call flop bet of $4 into a $40 pot drawing thin, miss, fold.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:31 PM

I was probably the youngest guy there in the gray shirt. They correctly gave me $200 in chips and not $100, thanks for reminding him :P

Yes that table would have been nice if I could catch or improve my hands. I've played many tables like that in choctaw when you dont catch cards, even an unimproved AA, you will go broke. I only won two pots. I was in BB with K9 offsuit and flop came K72 turn J and river 2. Guy raises me on river other dude folds I have just a few extra dollars in and pull out my seat make a crying call and ends up being a split pot. He had K3 offsuit, under the gun too.

Next pot I win, and I think it was the only one that I won without splitting or getting outdrawn, was I floped a flush from the SB with 53 of hearts. Guy called me down with bottom pair (he had a flush draw to go with it too)
Old 04-17-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That guy Slobbovia with the mongoloid tongue would probably pay off every bet I make. I've played with him before, he's awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it's same guy but I think he took your seat after you left. I guess he felt his was unlucky. He also rebought about 4 times while I was there.
I tried to make a play against him, I had a pair and a straight draw so I raised his flop bet I had T9 suited and flop was J7T. He bet I raised and I got a free show down. He took it down with J3.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was probably the youngest guy there in the gray shirt. They correctly gave me $200 in chips and not $100, thanks for reminding him :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, did I say something about that? Was that the thing where the Asian chip runner guy went and I said something like "Don't give him anything complicated." I remember somebody buying in for $200. You must have been in the 1 seat and that's why I have a blank spot in my brain about it.

Slobbovia (or The Blob as in, "Nothing can stop the Blob!") was the guy in the 2 seat. Real mouth breather with his tongue showing the whole time... and rather... large. Rotund. He's another one of those "seat-based luck" types. *eyeroll*
Old 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loses money to these people who call every bet and chase everything to the river hoping to suck out and sometimes do and take down a pot. But hey, that's great, isn't it? Let them keep taking the long shots. I'll win in the long run, if my bankroll doesn't head too far south.

The only problem is I'm usually outnumbered by two or three of these people, all looking for longshot draws. I feel like I'm getting busted by a gang of idiots. Not only must your pocket Aces hold up against one donknut, but a whole herd! However, I believe in positive expectation...I believe eventually I'll take their money...I believe in Sklansky...I believe in SSHE...I believe...I believe...God, I need help.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:21 PM

You're telling the guy coming off 3 losing sessions in a row...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM

I am playing at WinStar on Monday for the $100+15 tourney. Hime, I heard you've played in it before. Whats it going to play like? What sort of players am I going to see? Have you ever cashed? etc...

I consider myself a decent player but I may be too tight for the cash games at WinStar. I've never done really great there. I always thought I wanted a really soft game but now I'm not exploiting it as well as I should be.

Any advise?