Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Default PLO. Too aggressive in one, too passive in two??

1st hand. .25 /.50 PLO. I have 57 behind. 4 limpers. I limp on button with with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (2.85)

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB pots, Cutoff calls, I reraise to 10. SB calls. Cutoff folds.
(24.60)

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks. I bet 16. SB calls. (55)

River A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked to me. I push for 30. SB calls. (113)

SB shows 5543.

A few hands later on different table. .50/1 PLO. I am in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 3limPers. I complete. BB checks. (4.75)

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check. (Dont like leading on such a dangerous board) BB bets 1. 2 callers, I call. (8.55)

Turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check. (Still thinking about hand number 1) BB bets 2. Button calls. I call. (14.25)

River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB bets 11.Button folds. I call. He shows the flush.

So did I play hand 1 too aggresively and hand 2 too passively?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: PLO. Too aggressive in one, too passive in two??

You played them both far to passively on the turn. Flop lines are defensible.

Tough luck on hand #1, but you need to extract more money from 3xxx hands, not to mention overpairs like the dreaded 55
Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You played them both far to passively on the turn. Flop lines are defensible.

Tough luck on hand #1, but you need to extract more money from 3xxx hands, not to mention overpairs like the dreaded 55

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so. In retrospect I think I should have checked behind on river in hand 1 as I am up against a3xx a lot.

Hand 2 I hate raising with an under house OOP.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Your opinion is fine. I only make my recommendations assuming you are looking to make the proper plays that will result in you winning money. Check fold the floped boat for all I care.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your opinion is fine. I only make my recommendations assuming you are looking to make the proper plays that will result in you winning money. Check fold the floped boat for all I care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok hand 1 I am value betting all the way. River I dont think I should have bet as I dont think any hand that I beat will call.

Hand 2 I am still behind a lot of hands. Do you prefer a lead out onto that very draw heavy board OOP??
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 PM

On hand 1 the river is a fairly easy check behind. The ace is not a good card for you and you have a good deal of showdown value. Don't do his betting for him.

Hand 2, I think you played fine. Sometimes you can get more value on the river by betting small and inducing a bluff, sometimes you will get value from the turn via a checkraise or a lead, but generally you catch a few bluffs in this spot and you don't particularly want to bloat the pot.