Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Pacific poker problem with sound- chips rattle

I posted this in the pacific poker technical forum a month ago and have gotten no help. I searched their forums and have found at least 1 other person has the same problem I do.

The problem is the sound the chips make when someone moves their chips. It is a long distinct rattle that goes on and on. It sounds like an iron bar running along a mesh fence. Because this happens any time somone moves any chips, this sound is constant. It is impossible to play when you have a sound like this constantly running.

I never had this problem until I bought a new computer and I guess updated pacific poker.

Turning off the sound is not an option because I need to hear the other sounds like when it is my turn and if a person checked.

Any help would be appreciated. This is not a problem with my sound card as every other program I have sounds the exact same as before I got the new computer.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Pacific poker problem with sound- chips rattle

The sound mucks up because of directx sound acceleration. No idea why, and i only found the solution with trial and error.

Go to start -> run
Type in dxdiag and hit enter
Go to the sound tab
Near the bottom is the sound acceleration slider bar. I always just turn mine right off, although it might be ok with just basic acceleration, i dont know.

Hope that helps! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2006, 09:33 AM

Maybe you could try this:

Find the folder called: Program Files\PacificPoker\Settings\media

Listen to each sound and figure out the one you want rid of, and simply find (or make) a blank mp3 file and replace it.

Hope this helps (btw: I not tried this myself) - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 AM

Thank you guys, I got it fixed. Hard to believe I post this on Pacific's moderated technical forum, it sits there for a month and no one there can tell me what to do, yet I get an answer here within less than a day.