Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 10:26 PM

Default 400nl: Refusing To Fold

villain seems like a winning TAG maybe a bit too nitty. Numbers are 18/13/2 and has folded bb to steal 40/44 times (90%). I read him as straight foward postflop but a good hand reader which is why I made the move. I have been stealing his blinds the last couple of orbits but haven't gotten out of line post. Ok hopefully thats enough reads for you guys lol.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $498.50
<u>BB: $431.25</u>
UTG: $400
MP: $165
CO: $219.85
<u>Hero (BTN): $624.40</u>

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $14 </font>, SB folds, BB calls $10

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets $22 </font>, <font color="red"> BB raises to $84 </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises all-in to $610.40 </font>

335 more to call. This isn't standard at all for me. Wondering if you guys think this is ok every once in a long while. I could have 99 here but not many other made hands but I thought that was irrelevant because I felt my read was so strong.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: 400nl: Refusing To Fold

Nobody ever believes me when I use villains line.

Of course, I've been bluffing the last few times, and gotten caught. =/

Here, though, I don't think he's bluffing often enough for this to be profitable, and I think that's pretty much all you fold out.

If you've been known to slowplay at all, I like it a ton more, so he can make a rare big laydown.

If you just don't think he'd check a set twice, and that he must be bluffing, go with your gut sometimes in spots like this, but nitty guys like to slowplay, and he can probably get a turn bet out of you with a lot of hands, here.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:02 PM

you would check 99 here? the only thing i would put you on is 77 perhaps, but why would you want him to fold if thats what you have? it just looks a lot like a desperation move to me..

i would c behind btw since you have the gutter and possibly good overs.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:03 PM

makes little sense... if i was villain I would probably call with most.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 PM

I don't think villain hardly ever has a made hand here. What do you think his c/r range is on the turn? He also has no reason to believe that I will bet the turn so I don't think he was slowplaying a monster and planning to c/r. I think he has a draw like 90%+ of the time hoping I will fold. He could think I'm full of [censored] but still won't be able to call. This was my thinking anyway.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think villain hardly ever has a made hand here. What do you think his c/r range is on the turn? He also has no reason to believe that I will bet the turn so I don't think he was slowplaying a monster and planning to c/r. I think he has a draw like 90%+ of the time hoping I will fold. He could think I'm full of [censored] but still won't be able to call. This was my thinking anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody ever believes me when I use villains line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't see this line all that often, so I can't really give a good idea of what his general range is.

Seems like a pretty standardish check/raise on the turn with a set, if he thinks you'll bet any draw.

I don't know the guy, so I can't really give you a good idea of how often he's bluffing here.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 AM

I hear ya Big Jim.. I just don't believe this villain
Old 04-17-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear ya Big Jim.. I just don't believe this villain

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fair enough. Sometimes in spots like this you have to listen to your gut.

Heroic plays often look awful on paper, since you can't fully explain all the history you've had, the bet sizing and timing and whatnot.

At least you have outs!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 AM

Anyway, villain tanked and called w/ KhQh lol. So I was right in a way. River blanked ship my moniez to villain w/ K high.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:20 AM

hehe crazy =)