Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Default reassure me please.

Taj 80+20 12:15 tourney today.

History: I had shoved 3 hands in the last hour or so, 88, 1010 and kk. I showed the Kings. I had also raised twice PF over 1 limper and taken the pots uncontested. On To the hand

i have about 7500 blinds are 500-1000 with a 200 ante. folds to me on the button i shove A10. A loose, bad player in the BB calls off 80% of his stack with KQo. Then starts berating me for shoving A10 sayng, it's not an all in hand LOL.

Now the questions: first a rules question. 3 players in the pot, 1 is all in. flop comes down and active player number 1 bets. active player 2 says, i guess we are not checking. active player 1 says, i got it trust me.

At this point i say, easy with the talking during the hand. Now active player 1 starts freaking out saying he can say whatever he wants since there is a player all in? i disagreed, asked the dealer(who didn't give a straight answer) and moved on. But i ask you, yay or nay?

On to the chop question. 6 people left 5 pay. Payouts are roughly as follows.

1:1400
2:760
3:440
4:250
5:170

Blinds are 1500-3000 with a $500 ante. rough stacks are:

CL-120000
p1-25000
p2-16000
p3-11000
me-19000

the chop was offered and accepted for the CL to take $200 less than first and we chop the rest even for 380 or so a peice 5 ways. yay or Nay?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: reassure me please.

You have 7.5 bbs, on button. THis is an instashove with any 2, let alone when you have an A, plus an ante.

Well played hand, excellent shove

Rules question. I would say that any comments during a hand when someone is ai is bordering on collusion, but then again, who actually believes ANYTHING that they are told at the poker table?

Dealer should enforce this, but doesnt want to upset two other (future tipping) players

Anyone accepting that deal would have to have their head read!

For [censored] sake, chip leader has over 50% of the chips, so is over 50% chance to get 1400, which means he is about 40% chance to get 760 or less!

As for splitting the rest 5 ways, you have above average chips, so why give money away to the others?

And a HUGE point. Most people cant play poker. Almost all cant play it well. A tiny proportion can play short stacked well, and a smaller proportion can play aggro when others are laying down to be slaughtered.

Practice, practice, and practice short handed, and short stacked. Then just practice some more.

Read up on what the fair deals are, and unless they are very beneficial for you, just dont discuss a deal.

Or, should i say, just listen when others are discussing a deal. You should find out two things, who wants to cut a deal (who you will be stealing off soon, as they cant play short handed properly) and who wants to play on (who is probably going to play for first- like you and me).

Knock back the deal, and keep playing, you will probably have 2 on tilt who wanted to chop, and back your abilities to be better than the others!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: reassure me please.

does it matter if the huge stack is directly to my left, and can play, and a buddy of mine is to my right and can REALLY play?

I really didn't feel like flipping at that point for a chance at 2nd or 1st. 3rd place was almost a wash $$ wise. i needed to top 2 it to make it +$$EV. i figured that short it was silly to play.

Is this wrong?

and 1 quick ninja edit: i felt comfortable playing at this table and if were were a little deeper i would in no way accept a chop, but with m's of around 2 for 5 of the six guys i thought outplayign someone was tough.

The tourney had turned push/fold for medium stacks almost 1 hour+ before this point at the 500-1000 level and i had been playing accordingly. i got my stack by playign standard sit and go endgame type poker. but soo shortstacked how can we play it out?