UTG+1 ($100)
UTG+2 ($148.70)
MP1 ($41.67)
MP2 ($92)
MP3 ($95.15)
Hero ($130.38)
Button ($29.78)
SB ($31)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, 2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1, 1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 bets $5</font>, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $10</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $5.

Turn: ($25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets $15</font>, Hero raises to $36</font>, UTG+2 calls $21.

River: ($97) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, ... Hero ?

3rd or 4th orbit on table, no real reads on villain.
Haven't seen villain involved in any large pots thus far, I've been just picking pots, 1 maybe 2 showdowns none losing. Table has gotten somewhat wild the past round involving mostly shorter stacks.

On river, how much of a value bet? Should I fear him having filled up? Should that effect my bet size? I'm more than against checking behind.

Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:50 AM

Default Re: 100 NL full ring River dillema

ABC-

Welcome to 2+2 and SSNL.

Flop: Make it at least $15 to go, $20 would be better. Min-raising is awful for a number of reasons: Many draws are present and kill your action on turn, min-raising does little in the way of building a pot when pot is still small, etc.

Turn: Make a $50+ raise on the turn.

River: As played I make a bet of $40 or so on the river, whatever you think he'll call

Regards,
Quarkncover
Old 02-22-2006, 06:38 AM

All in is a possibility. Somehow I doubt he checks a boat to you, and he's probably not good enough to fold trip Js.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:13 AM

Heya, great stuff here, been reading a bit the past few weeks, but just last nite decided to register hehe.

yeah, only just after the min-raise I realized how dumb it was. wouldn't $20 scare away AJ/KJ too often? $15 looks fair game.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All in is a possibility. Somehow I doubt he checks a boat to you, and he's probably not good enough to fold trip Js.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had almost exactly the same hand a few minutes ago,with a nut straight on the turn and the river paired the board.
Well,he did miniraise me on the turn,and i reraised him back pretty hard.
So,i thought about this,and decided,there is too good a chance that he just filled up - and was right.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 AM

Hi abcstore,

Never minraise, ever. Just pretend that minimum raise button isn't there and don't press it again.

I agree with Quarkncover, raise to $20 on the flop. As played the turn bet should be at least $50 (~2/3 of the pot, though I like PSB's). I don't think you have to worry about a boat here. I think if he hit 2pair on the turn he would have RR. You're right, don't check behind on the river. I'm thinking ~$45 on the river which is just under half of villains remaining stack.

Welcome to the best game ever invented.

Garon
Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 AM

I'm staggered that no one has criticized your PF decision to limp in the CO with trash. I was hoping for a debate on that one. I absolutely love your decision to play that hand with position on a limp-heavy table. Gorgeous implied odds.

If you make more than a min-raise, will it chase some mediocre hands away? Maybe. But it will give sets poor odds to draw against you, and that's what you need to be concerned about here. There are plenty of players who will keep calling with marginal hands, so you need to fire away.

I can't believe a boat would check to you on the river. You've shown aggression, so a boat wouldn't need to worry about blowing you off the hand. I'd put in a value bet of about $40 here.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Results

So after villain checks, I in fact bet $30($97 pot), a little less than what you guys suggested.

However after only a few seconds, villain pushes putting me in for about 50-60 more. Immediately I thought boat? so I took my hand away from my mouse to think, but then I realized I was only putting in 50 more to see a 200+ pot, and seemed boat was unlikely as he had checked to me.

So I grabbed my mouse again and as I was moving my cursor over to the call button, which at that brink my time ran out and I was folded. At the time, the table had been chanting me to call, I was like damn, told them I had T9 asked villain what he had, he didn't say a word and proceeded to leave in a few hands when blinds hit him.

asdf..