Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: a couple hands from a couple weeks ago

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for hand 2, stupid ppl are capable of value 3betting worse 2pr.

[/ QUOTE ]

think this is a good point. mark's line may say to this guy "i have AK and am doing the dumb 'raise for a free card with overs' play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same seriously. He could easily have worst 2 pairs and be putting you on like AK doing a free turn card play. I would def pay off here, your hand doesn't look like A7 at all after you check that turn. IMO folding to a river 3bet sucks even against a str8 forward player...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think your play in hand 1 works because the guy with a jack who bet the flop is going to say "Newhouse is at it again, wtf how can he have an ace, he never has anything and is always bluffing, I'll call down." So, he calls, shows you his pair, and wins.

I <3 all streets in hand 2, I think it's very expertly played. I don't think the call-reraise on the flop, followed by the turn check means a straight or set, and you have an image where he'll call with so many hands that I don't even think he has to have 2pair to pay you off, though I think 2 pair hands can be in his hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

im starting to become more convinced that raise/fold to 3 bet in hand 2 is a more viable option. However, im just interested to hear what hands people think bert can actually have here. Everyone is saying 'he pays off so many hands here' etc. Would 74s or 34s check the turn here (is this game a 5 bet cap? sry im a live newbie)? More importantly- schnieds what one pair hands do u think get here that bet the riv? does he bet 88-JJ here? does he 3 bet those preflop? i suppose one pair hands should be included but as a very small part of his range.

My issue with this is that I rarely see a straight foward player betting this river, after the flop action, with anything u beat besides 74 or 34. However because hes str8 foward it does make a raise/fold expert and sexy.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if bb has something like TT or 99 in this hand, and he'll call the river raise with it. live people really misplay hands pretty badly sometimes.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Hand #1: With all the outs you have (12 or so by my math), and the possibility the A might convince the UTG (who is cabable of laying down marginal holdings), I can certainly find a lead bet here on the turn.

Hand #2: I always hate a situation where I have a good hand on the river but play it in a way so that I could end up not seeing whether it was good, in situations where it should be good a majority of the time.

With the flush a doubtful yet possible hand, I would prolly just call his river bet.

TSP
Old 04-16-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf does animal even mean? why does everyone here try to invent new terms?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means super aggro. I heard it in the Bellagio 1-2 game in 2004 so it is not a new term. It doesn't mean it's not a stupid term, just not new.