Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Dealer Falls Asleep In Box

What was the dealer's name?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM

This is clearly a classic example of "Protect your hand" including not giving up your cards until the chips are being pushed your way!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:22 PM

I know the dealer your talking about. She told me about it. She just had surgury last week and was on some heavy pain meds. She's back to her normal chatty self now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it was nothing serious. I am also happy to hear it was a one time thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the dealer your talking about. She told me about it. She just had surgury last week and was on some heavy pain meds. She's back to her normal chatty self now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it was nothing serious. I am also happy to hear it was a one time thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have asked that she be removed from the box immediately when she fell asleep. Passing out right in the middle of physical activity is not normal. How would you have felt if she passed out again, fell out of her chair, and busted her head open.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you have felt if she passed out again, fell out of her chair, and busted her head open.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had a hand, I think my sentiment would be "Can we get someone in here who can take us through the river?"
Old 04-16-2007, 11:29 PM

the strangest thing i ever saw involving a dealer happened at foxwoods. a dealer pushed in and accidently exposed a card as he pitched it. this never slows the game down much because the dealer just finishes the deal then replaces the exposed card. his hands are noticably shaky as he continues to deal however.

next hand, he is dealing very slowly and having trouble gripping the cards to pitch them. he exposes another card and apologizes. he is not a new dealer, and obviously knows what he is doing.

after this same thing happens again players start to complain. dealer apologizes again. there is something wrong here. it's plain to see he isn't shaking because of his nerves. dealer finally explains that he has diabetes and his blood sugar is low (not sure if that is exactly what it was but something to that effect).

i tell him that he shouldn't be dealing and that we should call the floor over to get a replacement. he asks that we don't call the floor and let him finish his down. he doesn't appear to be thinking straight at this point. (he seemed to get noticably more light headed and more shaky as the minutes passed)

we called the floor and explained the situation. floor kind of ignored it at first which is a dick move. we wouldn't let it go, and he finally found a replacement.

very weird situation, and i feel bad for the dealer, but he shouldn't have been working. he was in bad shape.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Anyone else feel there should be a ruling about players who fall asleep at the table? it is one of my biggest pet peeves and I hate that the floor/dealer just nudges them to look at their cards and then they can fall back asleep.

This weekend there was a man with sunglasses who was able to sleep in the same position as if he was awake. Everyhand was slowed down while the player next to him had to wake him up so he cold look at his cards and fold.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 PM

I almost fell asleep at a 2-4 game one day. Average pot was $8 and NO ONE raised the entire half hour. I caught myself as my head dipped down. Funny thing is had I fallen asleep the coffin-fest players probably would not have noticed.

As for the rest of your story, just don't tip them till they shape up

Al
Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 AM

tough call but id give his hand back as he bet and got called. but forget about what the ruling should be what is important is what i say all the time about this stuff. hold your hand until the pot is coming your way and all other hands have been killed completely.never let your hand out of your clutches until such time.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:35 AM

Todd might know this guy but the first (and only until next week) time I went to the Shoe in Tunica, there was this elderly guy on my 4-8 limit table who looked like he was about to die. He had this nasty looking collared shirt with blood and who knows what stains on it with holes and everything. He had to kept being woken up for his turn, most of the time just tossing out chips not even knowing what's going on. Some floor people had to tell him he needed to go to his room and sleep but he refused. Then another 4-8 table hit the BBJ and he got his share, about $2500, and of course he was near death even collecting his money. He probably hadn't slept in several days.