Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 PM

Default 1/2 NL - Foxwoods

1/2NL, at Foxwoods. End of my session, needed to head home shortly.....I have a decent size stack of $425.00 (bought in for $200), Seat 6 (Villian) has been at the table for about an 45-60 Mins, pretty TAG, Stack Size of about $320, haven't seen him make one raise over $10.00. The following hand occurs

Pre-Flop Folds to Seat 6 (Villian) who raises to $15, Im in seat 8 on the button I get dealt <font color="red">Jd </font> , Jc....I flat call, BB Calls for $13 More....

Flop : <font color="red"> 9D, 10D, QD </font>

Action : BB Checks,Villian bets out $30.00, I call $30.00, BB Folds

Turn: 3C

Action: Villian Bets $50.00, I think for a bit and Fold.

I had a Monster Draw (Opened ended straight flush draw), however, with villian firing at the pot on such a scary board, I felt like if I raised, we were going to play for stacks and im am behind. His range is possibly AA, KK, QQ, or AK. If a diamond hits, and its not an 8 or K, I am not garunteed to have best hand. Worst case scenario, I am drawing to 2 outs if he has flush already.

As an FYI, when I folded I showed my hand to try an induce him to show his hand, Villian wouldn't and later wouldn't tell me what he had when I asked as I left the table 10 mins later. Dealer dealt the river for 'kicks' and it was a Js, but still not sure if that would have been good.

Suggustions as played?? If I call or Raise Turn, How do I Play River Js?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL - Foxwoods

from my live experience when people make raises much larger than their standard ones it usually means jj or TT and sometimes QQ

but that being said i think your playing too tight scared here... i would make the flop like 90 or 100(call shove obv)-your favored against any non diamond hand

as played i also call turn bet (dont raise it) your getting like 3:1 on your money and his turn bet size seems like hes pretty scared actually

which leads me to my next point, if the j doesnt hit i would shove ANY river when checked to me-but with the j im looking for a cheep showdown, you beat everything but QQ and KK now... but normally id say fold to further agression on river he shouldnt be value betting worse than jj here and prolly shouldnt be bluffing at this pot anymore either (but if he makes a really gay bet, or like &lt;80 i think id have to call)
Old 04-16-2007, 02:14 PM

I agree, by not raising the flop I have no idea where I am in the hand.....

If I raise and get called, a push by him on the turn would mean im beat, a check by him then I shove?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, by not raising the flop I have no idea where I am in the hand.....

If I raise and get called, a push by him on the turn would mean im beat, a check by him then I shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eww, just call the flop and the turn, shove if you improve. He's betting so big to protect his hand, i think he has a big pair with no diamond. Since you don't have any fold equity I don't raise flop or turn.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Anyone else please?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks all (2 of you) for your help!