Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone clear something up for me ? And sorry if this has been covered.

cbc.ca is saying he killed first person at 7:15am at the dorm. Then he kills everyone else 2 hours later on the other side of the campus.

I mean is that just not the biggest case of police and school negligence ever ? How is everybody not evacuated well before that, with a sea of cops all over campus ? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
BBC has a good summery of what is known
Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cbc.ca is saying he killed first person at 7:15am at the dorm. Then he kills everyone else 2 hours later on the other side of the campus.

I mean is that just not the biggest case of police and school negligence ever ? How is everybody not evacuated well before that, with a sea of cops all over campus ? I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres no official word yet on whether or not the shooter was the same person. In addition, a few weeks ago, a shootiong on UW was handled in the EXACT same way. Luckily the guy killed himself after killing his ex, but i imagine if he didnt, the same thing could have easily happened.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people just cant handle emotion or express themselves in any other way than to make a joke. I know when i go to shool tomorrow people will be dishing out jokes about this with little objection just as they did with 9/11 etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me just reclarify, I was NOT condoning making humor out of the suffering of others. I assumed the tone of my post and previous posts would make it clear that I was in fact condeming such behaviour- but stating it is a common way people react perhaps explaining some of the douchebag comments made by certain people which caused offense.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

"Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be a big point of contention over the next few weeks I'm quite sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

evacuting the whole campus in two hours is asking a lot, but yes it definately should have been locked down and cops (swat or whatever?) all over the place. This many people certainly shouldnt have died.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm not sure everyone is getting the scale of VT. 28,000 students, over 100 buildings on campus, like boom said, it's tough to evacuate that many people.

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=67f_1176750363&p=1

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone click this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be a big point of contention over the next few weeks I'm quite sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is that if my dad was one of the parents, the wrath of god would descend on the school and police if those details are true. I mean the person in charge of campus security couldn't find a place safe enough to hide from my father. 2 hours head start for something like this is....I have no words. My prayers go out to everyone. And I hope the families won't have to live with the idea that this could have been prevented. Because it makes this even more tragic. Man what a world we live in.

I'd be down for a 2+2 donation for a V-tech sponsorship fund. Just throwing that out there...
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM

~coming from Syracuse U.

all of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends at Va Tech.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:09 PM

sorry, i just cannot see how more crazy [censored] happened 2 HOURS after the first and people are in classes...

unreal, [censored] real...

EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to break the filter...