Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 10:52 AM

Default 100NL- ATs in a 3bet pot vs. Beta77

Villain is Beta77 and is 17/14/4 over a good sample. He's not that great from what I've seen.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black"> Hero (SB): $123.70 </font>
BB: $100
UTG: $117.25
<font color="black"> CO: $99.50 </font>
BTN: $139.70

<font color="black"> Preflop: </font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red"> CO raises to $4 </font>, BTN folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $13 </font>, BB folds, CO calls $9

<font color="black"> Flop: </font> ($27) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black"> Turn: </font> ($27) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red"> Hero bets $18 </font>, CO calls $18

<font color="black"> River: </font> ($63) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red"> CO bets $25 </font>, Hero?

Pot Size: $63 ($2 Rake)

I have no real clue what to do on the flop. Bet? or check like I did? On the river can I call? I have a feeling I will always see AQ or AK here though.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: 100NL- ATs in a 3bet pot vs. Beta77

I think way too many people overcomplicate flop play in 3bet pots. If you were the aggressor preflop, bet the flop! As played, I think I fold. Beta77 is very weak/tight IMO, and I dont think he does this with anything you beat. This is certainly not a bluff, and if it is, it's the OMGVALUEBETBLUFF which I don't think he is capable of.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think way too many people overcomplicate flop play in 3bet pots. If you were the aggressor preflop, bet the flop! As played, I think I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is checking bad?
I think it's fine here.

And I think river is a fold.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:12 AM

This guy is easy to play. Just bet the flop and don't dbl barrel unless you improve.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Against a weaker player and for specific reasons I think not cbetting here as the 3better is fine. Against this player it's possible that you are bluffing out NO hands and are losing med-high pocket pairs which may pay you off on a later street. I have heard that he is "not that great" and "weak-tight", so that does not necesarily mean he fits the description.

A cb here pretty much makes the hand very easy to play. He will fold most of the time and when he doesn't you can basically just give up unless you improve.

As played I usually call river putting him on AJ or some donk hand I beat that a donk bets on a blank river. Given read however, I fold.

Edit: I misread the hand and thought we were in position here. OOP I agree that we should just cb flop and shut down unless we improve.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I usually call river putting him on AJ or some donk hand I beat that a donk bets on a blank river.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As played I usually call river putting him on AJ or some donk hand I beat that a donk bets on a blank river.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read above edit.

Also, this thought was if I had no reads/stats. I think most players bet their big aces here on the flop (in position). Also, that flop check may confuse many opponents into trying to go for a bluff on the river with some sort of draw, or maybe even some kind of thin value bet.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM

Do not like the PF action in this hand. Why are we 3betting a 17/14/4 in this spot? Our ATs does not play well against his range, which is made up of mostly big aces and pairs, and we will be OOP when he does call.

There are not many flops that we will like. We could easily be dominated when an ace flops, and be put in a difficult spot when we flop TPTK on a ten high flop.

I am easily folding this PF, given this information.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Push that river. He'll fold.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM

His Att. to steal is 30%.