Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Gym Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
cbloom,

You don't have to say yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I won't next time. I try to be nice and people f**k me over so now I have to be a jerk. And so the world turns...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who do a set and then stay on the station they're at while they rest (ie, dips/pullup bar)...I hate having to ask people if I can get a set in, when I know they're not f'ing using it

[/ QUOTE ]

In my health club, there are "Etiquette" signs posted, which include the rule of not resting at a machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

two things; i have a membership to a health club and they have these great exercise bikes w/ a different pedaling position than most, and arms rest, heart monitor etc. there's only two of these specific bikes, and yesterday an older guy was asleep sitting in one. well, his head was tilted and his eyes were closed. the other bike was taken. i went and got on the bike next to him and it woke him up and he looked a little annoyed at me and left. maybe he was just startled, i dont know.

second thing; when i'm on a bench/machine, i rest between sets. and i rest on the bench. i'm not going to stand up and let someone just hop in, but if you ask you can work in.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 AM

Great thread. Amen to all those who mentioned people who slam the weights down when they don't have to and people who stink.

1)Trainers who don't put away plates or dumbells
2)People who don't ask, they just jump on your machine/bench while you are resting between sets
3)Especially women who, because they think they are hot and can get away with, take your machine/bench between sets while you are getting a drink even when they are told by the person at the next machine/bench it being used and when my towel is sitting on the edge of the machine/bench(happened last week, I am still POed).
4)people who put dumbells in the wrong place on the rack, when the rack is marked from 5lbs to 125lbs.

That's all for now.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:36 AM

What the hell does working in mean?

I was at the gym with my brother and and some dude asked me If he could work in while I was at my BP and I just said "Do you mean can you work out?

He walked away.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM

workin in means he joins in on your machine so that as you finish and leave he is already workin on his set so that he isnt wasting time waiting on you to finish completely.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell does working in mean?

I was at the gym with my brother and and some dude asked me If he could work in while I was at my BP and I just said "Do you mean can you work out?

He walked away.

[/ QUOTE ]

working in - you do a set then he does a set then you do a set repeat...basically he become the dude that is at your station when you are resting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4)people who put dumbells in the wrong place on the rack, when the rack is marked from 5lbs to 125lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, how [censored] hard is it to put things in order? And where the [censored] are the 35's ? Somebody put a damn 45 in the slot and I can't find them anywhere!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, how [censored] hard is it to put things in order? And where the [censored] are the 35's ? Somebody put a damn 45 in the slot and I can't find them anywhere!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really care if they are in order or not as long as pairs are together...its a huge pain if i need 35's but only one is on the rack and i have to scout around the room looking for the other one only to find that it is behind some kind of stepper step under the smith machine across teh room...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:44 PM

Honestly, I could list so many gym pet peeves it isn't funny. I try to tune out everything around me though or else I will feel like ripping someone's face off.

On a similar (maybe) note, my biggest pet peeve in the strength and conditioning message board world is this:

"I'm trying to LOOSE some weight, what can I do?"

I visit a few strength boards a whole bunch and post on this and it's prevalent at all of them.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I could list so many gym pet peeves it isn't funny. I try to tune out everything around me though or else I will feel like ripping someone's face off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ease up on the steroids. Juice will make the jewels shrivel into sun-dried tomatoes.