Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: PSA: PokerStars will not let me cash out -- EVER!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I funded, played poker, and attempted to withdraw, just like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not just like everyone else.

The amount of play you put in compared with the amount of money you are trying to FUNNEL through Stars is so out-of-whack it would be really hard for them not to notice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he has over 6k from 4 transfers from at least 3 different people, and doesn't even have enough FPPs to get a deck of playing cards from the Stars store.

With about 1/12 the bankroll, I went gold in a week and platinum in less than a month.

I have used the player transfer, I have sometimes staked another player by transfer, he has staked me by transfer, and we pay each other back thru transfers.

I have no problems cashing out, I got some PokerStars shirts, a hat, some bonus money for FPPs, and still have 6x the FPPs this guy does.

I think I am more like everyone else than this guy.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

Despite repeated requests OP has not responded to Green Devil's post or offer. It seems this money was transfered by Green Devil to the OP because of the Neteller shutdown a few months back, therefore the transfers where not the results of a debt repayment making the OP a liar.

As of this time OP has zero credibility with me.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite repeated requests OP has not responded to Green Devil's post or offer. It seems this money was transfered by Green Devil to the OP because of the Neteller shutdown a few months back, therefore the transfers where not the results of a debt repayment making the OP a liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to exagerate or call anyone names. OP has been in contact with me and if he needs my help he will get it.
Debt or Neteller transfer, it is the same in this context.
What OP meant is that he did not fund his new account himself.

This thread is about how Stars has handled this situation. OP did only what hundreds of other american players did during those days (and still do judging from the transfer thread) but apparently didn't play enough poker to justify a large transfer. IMHO Stars while in its right to refuse a withdraw and perfectly being aware of the situation, could have responded in a less rude way and demand a certain amount of play before allowing a cashout.

The CS representative that handled the matter was probably having a bad day. Not very professional.

To my knowledge OP has been nothing less than a gentleman.

GD
Old 04-16-2007, 12:08 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to exagerate or call anyone names. OP has been in contact with me and if he needs my help he will get it.
Debt or Neteller transfer, it is the same in this context.
What OP meant is that he did not fund his new account himself.

This thread is about how Stars has handled this situation. OP did only what hundreds of other american players did during those days (and still do judging from the transfer thread) but apparently didn't play enough poker to justify a large transfer. IMHO Stars while in its right to refuse a withdraw and perfectly being aware of the situation, could have responded in a less rude way and demand a certain amount of play before allowing a cashout.

The CS representative that handled the matter was probably having a bad day. Not very professional.

GD

[/ QUOTE ]

Characterizing the transfer as a debt repayment is suspicious. When someone is deceptive, especially when they are being deceptive for no apparent reason, suspicion of their entire story is justified. Additionally he stated that it wasn't possible to reverse the transfer. Clearly that is not true either.

As far as how Stars has handled this, I have zero issue with what they've done. They aren't a money transfer station and this is clearly what the OP is using them for. From what he's said concerning his play it seems he made a minimal amount of cover play and it was clear to Stars what he was doing. Had he played a reasonable amount and then withdrew his money a few thousand a time, I would make a big wager that there would be no issue with Stars.

The idea that Stars should now step forward and tell him 'play x amount of hands and we'll allow you to transfer' is ridiculous. I doubt they even have a hard number, they look at each case and are able to determine this behavior when they see it. OP tried to use their site-at their expense-as a money transfer station. I think they did all that should be expected when they said they would allow him reverse the transfers.

Which brings us to the reason I suspect the OP misled us as the nature of the transfers and why he hasn't responded in this thread to your post: He wanted to bitch about Stars and appear to be a victim without any reasonable recourse. He knew who you were and was able to contact you, why not explore that possibility before making his post?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 AM

I don't understand why OP didn't just say the transfer was neteller related. Even if it wouldn't have made a difference at least he would have come clean.

Also, I think that stars is completely inline with not telling him a specific amount since it just sets a price to make a "money laundering" transfer and really doesn't change the nature of the transfer since he is playing just to get his money, vs using his money to play. Despite what stars said, I think that you can probably get this money eventually.

As to the issue of interaccount transfers I do have a few questions. I often help people out with relatively small transfers (couple thousand maybe) between full tilt and stars and sometimes party, what is considered putting this money into play when i receive it? I mean I play a lot of poker and all my transfers are related to poker, but not always on that site specifically, but will I have issues in the future?
Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean I play a lot of poker and all my transfers are related to poker, but not always on that site specifically, but will I have issues in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might. You might not. Some will immediately come to PS defense but that is being too much of a fanboy in my opinion. This is why having PS clarify how much play is needed for transfers is a good idea. Otherwise the player will always be under the arbritrary rule of PS. Though if you're transferring under $100, I doubt they would care. When you start transferring Ks...

Your intentions had better be playing a ton of poker because that is what you are going to have to do.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 AM

As far as I know, Neteller charges the sites an 8% fee for transfers from Neteller to the site (deposit).
Transfers from the site to Neteller (withdraws) are free of charge.

The high % fee is the reason you can't use Neteller anywhere else than at gambling sites. Nobody else is willing to pay that much. Gambling sites are Neteller's niche.

GD
Old 04-16-2007, 06:18 AM

All these serious replies are a joke.

The fact that OP keeps dodging the questions about FPP's is very shady, after he keeps on spouting about "in the interest of full disclosure."

Where there's smoke there's fire people. This guy probably got 6k in transfers, played like 10 hands and tried to withdraw.

Stars handled it in the correct manner, and now OP is trying to use vague numbers to prove his point. Don't lie to us and make it seem like you played a ton. Stars wouldn't just shut you down for no reason.

If you want any credibility, post your VPPs. As you've repeatedly avoided this question for absolutely NO good reason, it's logical for one to assume that you've really played very very few hands. One could also assume that you are trying to launder money and just played a few hands to throw off Stars security, but they caught you anyways.

Saying that it's a "non-issue" is absolutely stupid, because it's relevant. That's just you trying to divert attention from your volume of hands. Didn't realize that there was an easy way to quantify your play, did ya? Whoops!

Don't try to make it seem as if Stars is the bad guy. I'm happy their security is so good to catch tools like you. This is such a typical bs story, everyone in this thread should have caught on the INSTANT he avoided the VPP question.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like OP lied to Stars about the reasons for the transfer. If he would simply tell the truth plus played a bit more than a few hands, there would be no problem and no story.

As you say there were hundreds of players who did the same. But there were no other posts about Stars (or any other site) playing hardball with them.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:08 PM

Seems that Stars handled this properly, OP never funded the account, played maybe 20 hands then tries to withdraw over 5K? And any of you are suprised he had problems is beyond me.

Now Stars is in a pickle, you obviously didn't get the transfer to play poker. You admitted to that fact, then say you need the money for something else. Stars doesn't want to say it is okay to pay bills or money launder if you earn 250VPPs for every 1k transferred etc....so they tell you to transfer the money back or use it for poker.

I can obviously understand why you are frustrated, but you are clearly in the wrong and you realize it. If you want the money you should really take Green Devil up on his offer. To get the money directly from Stars you'll need to seriously cycle the money through several times as they'll obviously be watching your account.

It's funny that every "stars is screwing me" post is the same.

For the record I don't think Stars handled this bad at all. 6K is alot of money. Offering to pay the fees just makes it seem all the worse, just like admitting that you are using them as a bank.