Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: GigaBet razz play

[ QUOTE ]
If the bringin knows you are reraising with anything (and I am obviously raising with anything), then he should call or reraise any two cards 6 or lower.

A29 versus A2J is 62-38. If the bringin has 2 wheel cards and his cards are live, he can know that he is at worst slightly behind and usually ahead of the 9. So in this situation, the bringin should play.

If the bringin has 2 cards 6 or lower, and the cards are not especially live, it is borderline, and probably a fold, not knowing how loose you were reraising.

Maybe the bringin should play about 5% of the time. In practice, some people will be intimidated by the reraise, but some may play overly loose, so I would expect the bringin does play about 5% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed here. You started this topic in a well recognized poker forum on the internet. You chose to post the hand in a place where it didn't belong, because you felt that certain readers of the poker forum(anyone who reads a poker forum is light years ahead of most of the poker players out there in the world, who don't read it)wouldn't understand it.

Not only that, in the op, you stated that it was "an example of a high-level aggressive isolation play," and in a later response you stated that I may be the only person who would actually execute this play.

After all of that hype, you are now stating that a random player, online, in a relatively low buy in event, was on to my play? Not only on to it, but so certain that I was making the play, that he should be able to increase his calling range from no playable hands in that position, to 20% of everything that is dealt to him?

I play in all the major events, against weak players and WC players alike. I play online every day as well, once again, against weak players and WC players alike. Something that I have noticed through all of this play, across such a dizzying spectrum of skill level, is that everyone is dealt the same cards at the degree of frequency.

It is that reason, and that reason alone, which is why those "high-level" plays are so safe to make. People realize, that in the heat of the moment, I could have actually been dealt a real hand, this one time, maybe...just once. A real hand.

Because of the real hand syndrome. It usually just isn't worth the risk to put your money in marginal situations, just because you may or may not know that this may be a good spot for a "high level play."