Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: On The Velocity: thirddan\'s log

155.0 / 17.2

new shake today...2 scoops metabolic drive vanilla flavor, lots of ice, a little water, 1tbsp milled flax seed, 1.5tspn ground cinnamon = cinnamon vanilla ice cream and its damn good....
Old 04-05-2007, 04:51 AM

17.1%

kind of stagnating, but i can't really complain about the results ive seen, to lose 2.5%bf and 8lbs while increasing muscle in just 3 weeks is pretty good imo, will see how the last week goes...seems other people on this diet saw extreme someone consistent loss over all 4 weeks and had ridiculous drops like 15-20lbs, but im starting at only 163 i was expecting somewhere along the lines of a 12lb or so drop, but whatever...

monday session
deadlift: 10x3 @ 175
flat bench: 10x3 @ 160
chin ups: 10x3 @ bw (did half palm out and half palm in)
some close bench, barbell curls, calf raises (its in my notebook, but i don't remember off hand)

tonights session
front squat: 10x3 @ 115 (best form so far and deepest ive been able to go so far)
overhead press: 10x3 @ 95
decline barbell: 10x3 @ 155

3 weeks down...one more to go...
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM

16.8% on day 21 (actual 3 week mark)
Old 04-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Finished on Wednesday

Starting weight - 163
Final Weight - 154.5
Total Loss - 8.5lbs
this is about half what most people claim to have lost on the velocity but i think my starting weight was much lower than most peoples, i also noticed that once i added ground flax as opposed to flax oil my weight number stopped lowering but my bf continued to drop...

Starting Bf% (according to tanita, so take with a grain of salt) - 19.6%
Ending Bf% - 16.2%
Total Drop = 3.4%
pretty damn good if you ask me...

New Years > March 13 (begin diet) > April 13 (end diet)

Weights
March 13 vs April 13

Pull Up 10x3: 40lbs Assisted > all bodyweight
Flat Bench 10x3: 155 vs 160
Squat 10x3: switched from back to front about half way in so its a little tough to judge, ended doing fronts w/ 125
Deadlift 10x3: 130 vs 175
Overhead Press 10x3: 85 vs 115
Dips 10x3: BW + 35 vs BW + 35
Lunges 3x8: 30 vs 35

gotta transition back to solids and increased calories over the next two weeks or so hopefully ending around 2k per day...i think im gonna try doing a meltdown type routine then something like chad waterbury's abbh once i get the calories more around maintenance...
Old 04-14-2007, 03:55 PM

wow great results man. seriously you look a LOT better
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 PM

After the fact: How did you like the diet? I personally don't really like it for beginners, but it seemed to do its purpose. Be careful with the taper. You did follow the original Velocity more or less to a T, no?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 PM

hey thremp,

i think the diet was fine actually, pretty much never hungry and i like the metabolic drive shake so it worked out well...there is some guy posting in a t-nation velocity diet support thread that doesn't like the shake, wel that dude is a [censored] for doing this diet, definite failure...

i think this diet was a good motivator, such as when i ask myself if i think i can take getting healthy/fit as a life long thing rather than a couple week diet i can now say that i am willing to work my ass off and sacrifice a bit in order to meet my goals etc...pretty much no cravings although some heated sourdough bread at a nice restaurant looked really good, but i didn't have any...

and yes, i followed it exactly, no solids etc except for my 3 solid meals 1 per week...i did transition on to it for a couple days with 1/2 solids meals + shakes at the beginning and am doing the same thing now, having a solid breakfast (usually an omelette w/ mean and veggies) and then a bunch of shakes during the day...

don't regret doing it as losing 9lbs and a couple points in bf over 1 month WITH NO CARDIO OR MUSCLE LOSS is pretty sweet, but there were probably better things i could have done from a health/progress place...im following a couple threads on t-nation where people are getting help making diets and whatnot so im trying to design something for after my transition...i think im gonna do a bit more fatloss stuff and then hopefully move on to trying some waterbury programs...
Old 04-15-2007, 12:49 PM

BTW you shouldn't be doing cardio on this diet. Its just way too catabolic. Like the extent of aerobic exercise should be ~0. A round of golf or just taking a hike should be the extent of it.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM

yeah, the only cardio i did was walk to the gym or go for a short walk at night...i did do about 5 minutes of inclinde walking if i got to the gym and felt cold from the walk...