Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: How often are your pocket kings up against pocket aces?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure it's this straight-forward:

(i) by the time you work out your opponent has a masssive hand it's often too late to fold KK for 100bb stacks preflop, e.g. you raise to 5bb, opp reraises to 20bb (like he would with QQ/AK maybe JJ/AQ) and you make it 50bb. If you fold to the push then you are putting the opp on AA something like >90% of the time for the fold to be correct

(ii) you don't save a stack by folding as you have often committed at least 20bb to the pot and you would have had equity by calling, in a sequence like opp bets 5bb you bet 20bb opp pushes then you are saving yourself 40bb by not calling the 80bb push if he has AA 100% of the time.

(iii) full ring you will be dealt KK under AA once in every 5000+ hands. If you make perfect folds as described in scenario ii then you may improve you win rate by 0.8bb. You won't notice the difference in your win rate unless you play more than 1 million hands.

So I would say it's nearly always a mistake to fold KK preflop if you have invested > 30-40bb and have <= 100bb stacks.

If you are deeper stacked against a very tight rereaiser then it probably becomes profitable to fold but you'll probably never notice the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes but often you will act second giving a possible scenario of someone raising 3-4xbb, you reraise say 9-12xbb and the original raiser now pushes a full stack AI.

Similarly, you may raise 4xBB get reraiser and then a third full stack 4-bets AI.

There are definately times you can't get away from it, but there are also definately times you can.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(i) by the time you work out your opponent has a masssive hand it's often too late to fold KK for 100bb stacks preflop, e.g. you raise to 5bb, opp reraises to 20bb (like he would with QQ/AK maybe JJ/AQ) and you make it 50bb. If you fold to the push then you are putting the opp on AA something like >90% of the time for the fold to be correct

[/ QUOTE ]
You dont make it 50bbs if you're planning on folding if he pushes.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 AM

This year after 75k hands had KK 339 times , ran into AA 12 times, 2 of those times I sucked out hitting sets.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had KK 53 times in ~11k hands. Was never up against AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

get ready you are gona have alot of fun shortly,

I have had KKs vs AAs 6 times since I moved up to 200NL in about 8K hands, I know its part of the game but why when I just moved up why,,,,
Old 04-15-2007, 01:25 PM

Hey Geniuses... Every time you get KK against someone else's AA, they get KK against your AA. Freakin nits.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Geniuses... Every time you get KK against someone else's AA, they get KK against your AA. Freakin nits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, of course when some of them are smart enough to get away from KK when you have AA and you can't identify the situations to do the same you lose in the long run.

Of course if you never want to move up and beat tough games you don't need to worry about it.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM

... it is going to happen but to never recognize how to fold KK when you are beat will cost you a lot of money.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM

I found that I was a slightly losing/breakeven player at 25nl for about 3 months. Then I started folding pocket kangaroos pre flop and I am a winning player at 400 nl. This just shows the HUGE impact the KK vs AA pf battle has on your winrate. Nobody tell the donkeys that they should be folding KK pre flop so that I can continue to steal their monies. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found that I was a slightly losing/breakeven player at 25nl for about 3 months. Then I started folding pocket kangaroos pre flop and I am a winning player at 400 nl. This just shows the HUGE impact the KK vs AA pf battle has on your winrate. Nobody tell the donkeys that they should be folding KK pre flop so that I can continue to steal their monies. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, paradoxically against really good players it is often less correct to fold KK pf.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you check KK vs AA in PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain to me please?