Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you like them, what do you like about them?
Catchy, well-written songs 84 25.93%
Mick Jagger's unique voice 41 12.65%
They defined blues-based rock-and-roll music for a generation 69 21.30%
Great musicians 61 18.83%
Everything about them is great, you're insane 69 21.30%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: POG Anniversary Game Thread

Marie,

Considering that Tom has been following about every vote I make and I'm the one who's leading the Pope-wagon, I don't see how we could possibly be wolves together. Furthermore, I have no idea what's been scummy about my posting.

[ QUOTE ]
i think that grindhouse turning up wolf/villager would settle a lot of these issues,

[/ QUOTE ]

no, and the reason why has been rehashed plenty in the thread
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 AM

Add John von Neumann to the wolf list. To recap:

Tom & Jerry
Gingerbreadman
Akimbo
Cooter
Yoko
John von Neumann
Old 04-15-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Marie,

Considering that Tom has been following about every vote I make and I'm the one who's leading the Pope-wagon, I don't see how we could possibly be wolves together. Furthermore, I have no idea what's been scummy about my posting.

[ QUOTE ]
i think that grindhouse turning up wolf/villager would settle a lot of these issues,

[/ QUOTE ]

no, and the reason why has been rehashed plenty in the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think leading the attack on pope clears you? why are you so sure pope is a wolf?
to me that sounds like you are trying to throw pope under the bus in order to clear yourself down the track.

the fact that you have noticed tom 'following' you makes it more likely you are wolves together, as if you were a wolf and a fellow wolf was associating with you, you would get annoyed and try to disassociate. villagers would tend not to notice, at least when it is to the extent that tom has followed you.

your posting was particularly scummy when you were attacked earlier, you were overdefensive with little pressure. other than that it is nothing more than a general vibe.

and you could not have taken my post more out of context - im not supporting a grindhouse lynch today.

it doesnt really matter now anyway as my vote is almost certainly not moving from akimbo today.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Marie,

You're certainly jumping to a lot of conclusions to incriminate me. When you change votes and someone changes immediately after you, especially on more than one occasion, you tend to notice. As far as pope goes, no I'm not 100% certain he's evil but I think its a huge stretch saying I'm tossing him under the bus considering no one even noticed him before I said his name. Your scenario is not impossible but its highly unlikely.

[ QUOTE ]

your posting was particularly scummy when you were attacked earlier, you were overdefensive with little pressure. other than that it is nothing more than a general vibe.

[/ QUOTE ]

When my name goes from being no where to being likely wolf or definite wolf, yes I'm going to get a bit defensive, especially when I can't see the thought process of the player who is attacking me. The game has been fairly chaotic and one of the few things I can be sure of is my own role, so when someone attacks me I want to know the why and the how so I can look at their reasoning. That allows me to discuss reasoning with villagers and try to show them why their wrong about me and to find faulty logic in wolves trying to accuse me.

[ QUOTE ]

and you could not have taken my post more out of context - im not supporting a grindhouse lynch today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you were trying to lynch grindhouse, I'm just driving home the point that grindhouse's role has little effect on the way bandwagons played out since evils will try to save the evil seer regardless.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM

Prince - ive reread, and as far as I can see T&J only followed you on to pope, and quite a while after you said it. if there was more than this please direct me to it, but you making such a big deal out of this one point is extremely strange to me, especially as pope was very wolfy on day 1 (i really have no problem with him being lynched today, but as ive said, akimbo must go first).

however, this also stuck out to me as very strange T&J + prince interaction.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<u>I WILL GUARANTEE RIGHT NOW THAT THEFRESHPRINCE IS A WOLF</u>

And I still want to vote Grindhouse today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you truly believe what you just said here?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe your fellow wolf standing up for you is what first annoyed you?

and dont think i am trying to incriminate you. i am merely theorising, and this in particular seems like a combination of two players who are interacting at the very least weirdly; be it due to T&amp;J trying to find a villager buddy, or more likely in my opinion due to you and T&amp;J being wolves together.

and this is the individual part that puts you squarely on my wolf list:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yep. i will still refuse to believe prince is a villager even if he comes up "pogger." i will assume he is durron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why because I disagree with you? This is the cancer that is killing villages. And I do think you're village or I wouldnt spend the time bothering to argue with you

[/ QUOTE ]
Not because you disgaree with me. Just other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooooooooh the other stuff. By all means, go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

hyperbole and overreaction doesnt equal 'discuss reasoning' in my eyes
Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 AM

stuntman jack just read through a couple hundred posts and by read he means skimmed

stuntmans head is hurting from that crash friday night, he thought he was a goner for sure but his car is 100% death proof

stuntmans opinion on the gingerbreadman is changing he no longer wants to by him a lap dance

jim bob cooter looks like he got himself a lap dance last night

the pope aint getttin no lap dance and needs to go for a ride in my car.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Lynching Yoko Ono is fine if we're going to have too many people clearing Grindhouse today.

I might not be around much though, sorry, so I'm inclined just to proxy to my mason Grease Fire. So let's add Tom &amp; Jerry to the old wolf list.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hyperbole and overreaction doesnt equal 'discuss reasoning' in my eyes

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it's hyperbole but it has a purpose, which is pointing out that Ginger citing "other stuff" and not elaborating is ridiculous. What's even more absurd is that I tell him to go on and he refuses. So, yes, hyperbole maybe, but its not as thought I'm trying to aimlessly stir the pot.

re: TnJ, I know this is only your theory but I think it's a fairly flaccid one. Yes, TnJ followed me on Pope, but he also followed me on Grindhouse. Your theory is assuming we're both wolves and that he's defending me and tagging after me two days in a row. I'm sure you'll agree that wolves generally try to distance themselves from each other not link themselves together. Me being a wolf with TnJ and getting annoyed at him in the thread for what he's doing is a pretty big stretch

That being said, I'm not entirely as convinced as the rest of the group that TnJ is evil though he's obviously acting peculiar.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM

no lynching yoko ono
Old 04-15-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no lynching yoko ono

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with your don't lynch player X strategy? You've already tried to clear 1 wolf...