Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Nit is trying to steal my small blind

I would 4 bet the flop and lead and fold to a raise given that you cold called preflop. I haven't read all the responses you got, but I'm sure you got a lot of people telling you to 3 bet preflop, which I would probably do here especially since you have a TAG in the big blind, but cold calling here especially if your image is shot isn't so bad.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 4 bet the flop and lead and fold to a raise given that you cold called preflop. I haven't read all the responses you got, but I'm sure you got a lot of people telling you to 3 bet preflop, which I would probably do here especially since you have a TAG in the big blind, but cold calling here especially if your image is shot isn't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-14-2007, 07:15 AM

What hand is she 3betting on the flop and raising the turn here? A set or top two?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if a broadway card comes?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 AM

you need to always 3 bet here. it is always work an extra bet preflop to give the blinds a bad price to call. 1/2 a big bet vs the pot is the way to think about it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Tracy, TAG? That's pretty funny. I'm pretty sure she's a LAG player who probably has pocket 2's on this hand. Auto 4-bet on the flop since you didn't 3-bet preflop. And it's Trac'e'y-- [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy, TAG? That's pretty funny. I'm pretty sure she's a LAG player who probably has pocket 2's on this hand. Auto 4-bet on the flop since you didn't 3-bet preflop. And it's Trac'e'y-- [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its whatever I say it is spelling nit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM

I like calling here and then leading any turn. If you get raised again, you can safely fold against all but the trickiest or most aggressive players, a group which it does not sound like Tracy belongs to.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 PM

All, I dont think I can lead and fold to raise if a broadway card comes. There are many B'ways that I could get raised and either a) still be ahead or b) have a sd. What say yo,u if the J or A rolls off? Feel free to give answers assuming either a) I just called the 3 or b) 4-bet the flop.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All, I dont think I can lead and fold to raise if a broadway card comes. There are many B'ways that I could get raised and either a) still be ahead or b) have a sd. What say yo,u if the J or A rolls off? Feel free to give answers assuming either a) I just called the 3 or b) 4-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

a jack is a horrible card. an ace shouldn't matter much, as she shouldn't have one here, although it gives her lots of chop outs if she has a worse K.

i said it earlier but don't think i expressed it adequately: not 3betting preflop is a very large mistake imo.

as played, i'd donk that turn, call a raise and check/think really hard on the river. i think if she raises the turn, she will often check behind the river if you call unless you are killed.