Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Top Two in a big pot

[ QUOTE ]
If your read on UTG+2 is good and you believe you're ahead, then you're fine. However if you think he's tilty, why didn't you maximize by raising the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried about MP3. Yes he called 2 cold twice on the flop but your forgettting that he's tight and 3bet preflop. Without him in the hand, I raise the turn all day.

I guess I'm wrong because everyone seems to disagree with me but while it's possible that MP3 is on a draw, I don't think it's obvious. (If he had CC'd preflop then I think it would be easier to put him on draw) I probably should left the original post blank after UTG2 bet the turn, because I think it might be skewing opinions. What exactly are we putting MP3 on? I can't think of many hands he's gonna play this way PREFLOP and on the flop. Everyone seems to be just focusing on the fact that he called the flop and writing it off as a draw. I don't think he's got KQs, AQs, etc. There not really in his 3betting range. The other AK is possible. I'm not sure he's gonna call the flop action with QQ or JJ. Despite the fact that I have AK, I still think at the turn AA and KK are very likely given the action. I called basically to see what MP3 did on the turn. I think he's only gonna raise with a hand that beats AK. This seems to a rare situation where you can actually "find out where you are" by calling instead of betting/raising. If I raised he might 3bet but it's also possible he might have smoothcalled a set to keep UTG2 in the hand. If I call, there's no way he's just calling with KK or AA.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 PM

Yeah, I missed the threebet on the flop, I guess that means that he decided to peel with QQ, or JJ and then got trapped into the hand. On the turn, the pot is huge, so he decides to peel again, knowing that he is behind.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 AM

grunch
I'm not too worried about what MP3 has when the pot's this big, he could have any piece. Maybe AQ? As you say, UTG+2's range is wide open, so capitalize on that and make MP3 pay for whatever draw/2nd best hand he has. I'd raise the turn and call down from there.