Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 AM

Default PokerStrategy.org.uk (Stoxtrader?)

Searching for coaching sites I came across pokerstrategy.org.uk. I was drawn to it because of the name Stoxtrader, who seems to offer coaching services to members. However, I tried to look at the strategy articles and they appear to be incomplete, with most only consisting of a couple of lines at most. The site seems half finished.

I haven't registered for this reason but I was wondering if anyone else has? Do you only get access to the articles and forum if you register?

They also seem to be saying that they give you $150, PAHUD and PT completely free of charge, which I also find slightly supicious. I'm just surprised because I wouldn't have thought Stox would have put his name to anything dodgy?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: PokerStrategy.org.uk (Stoxtrader?)

I dunno, I've never heard of this site before. A quick glance at the site makes me believe they make money off of you by having you sign up for a new poker account and not giving you rakeback.

[ QUOTE ]
After producing $500 rake, you will autmatical get an e-mail with the license code for PokerTracker as well as PokerAceHUD.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're looking for a straight coaching site I'd maybe look into 3-bet.net. I can't vouch for them in anyway but it seems to be a pretty popular coaching site.

If you really want to get serious about your game I'd definitely consider becoming a CardRunners member. It's a little pricey up front ($100 sign up fee and $25 a month not including any coaching fees) but it's well worth it to have access to a library of insightful videos and a pool of very competent coaches.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:27 AM

The site is pretty popular in Germany. The english version content seems to be incomplete atm, but not to the extend you describe. As long as you are not registered, you can only view the first few lines of every article.

So, i gues you simply checked some restricted articles.

About the 150$: You get 50$ on Party and another 100$ after you play 5000 raked hands. As soon as you generate 500$ rake, you get free licenses for PT & PA. All of this is perfectly legit.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 AM

you need to register and pass a quiz and then you have to make rakeback in order to get access to the articles so nothing its incomplete
Old 04-14-2007, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the replies. I thought you might have to register first, I didn't read enough to know about the rakeback.

It looks like an interesting site, unfortunately I can't use it since you need to sign up at Party through them and I signed up with Party years ago. Oh well, thanks anyway.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM

PokerStrategy.org.uk will be also open to other Poker Rooms in the future, where you can sign up at another PokerRoom and use the content of PokerStrategy as well.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 PM

they have just added titan to their list
200% to $600
throw in "faststeady" as referer if the mood takes you..pls
Closed Thread